HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #31
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,814 Times in 1,528 Posts
Default Re: Is your life worth one more pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Just like you want a choice so should others have a choice. Your choice should not force someone else choice. Should it?

Stan
You are absolutely right Stan. Re-read my post.
If my state Govt. determines that it is safe for a restaurant to open, it is my "choice" to decide if I want to go or not. If my state Govt. determines that it is NOT safe for a restaurant to open then I don't have that "choice", do I?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #32
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Just like you want a choice so should others have a choice. Your choice should not force someone else choice.
Ya know Stan, while we're talking about choices I couldn't help but notice that you live in Philadelphia. I live in the middle of 80+ acres of farmland about 30 miles east of State College. It seems to me that IF you are/were so concerned about things like communicable diseases you could have made a better "choice". Oh well, "all of life's decisions have consequences"!

Old 05-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #33
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
How about the people who work at the restaurant. Some of them may not have wanted to go back to work, but their state said if you don't go back to work when called you lose your unemployment.

Stan
How long should they get unemployment? Until the virus is gone?
Old 05-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #34
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know Stan, while we're talking about choices I couldn't help but notice that you live in Philadelphia. I live in the middle of 80+ acres of farmland about 30 miles east of State College. It seems to me that IF you are/were so concerned about things like communicable diseases you could have made a better "choice". Oh well, "all of life's decisions have consequences"!

Billy,
While you maybe better off in the middle of 80+ acres of farmland about 30 miles east of State College. How does that help you when you are standing next to me or anyone else from Philadelphia at ATCO?

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #35
Stan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmco r/sa View Post
How long should they get unemployment? Until the virus is gone?

I guess it depends who you believe.

Is there adequate testing available? I would say no!

We are talking a restaurant where unlike many places of work where there are the same people everyday.

Stan
Old 05-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #36
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Billy,
While you maybe better off in the middle of 80+ acres of farmland about 30 miles east of State College. How does that help you when you are standing next to me or anyone else from Philadelphia at ATCO?

Stan
Now, wait a minute here Stan, you're talkin' outta both sides of your mouth here. Are you willing to take the chance of going to Atco? What makes you think that I'm going put myself in a position of standing next to you or anyone else AT Atco?
I am willing to take the risk of going to Atco and possibly catching "the bug" from you or anyone else IF I am not being careful of my surroundings. MY "choice". Are YOU willing to take the risk of going to Atco and possibly catching "the bug" from ME or anyone else? YOUR "choice". Personal responsibility can be a b!tch sometimes.

Last edited by Billy Nees; 05-06-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #37
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
I guess it depends who you believe.

Is there adequate testing available? I would say no!

We are talking a restaurant where unlike many places of work where there are the same people everyday.

Stan
What woud be adequate testing ? Weekly? daily?
Old 05-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #38
Stan Weiss

Quote:

Quote:
Now, wait a minute here Stan, you're talkin' outta both sides of your mouth here. Are you willing to take the chance of going to Atco? What makes you think that I'm going put myself in a position of standing next to you or anyone else AT Atco?
I am willing to take the risk of going to Atco and possibly catching "the bug" from you or anyone else IF I am not being careful of my surroundings. MY "choice". Are YOU willing to take the risk of going to Atco and possibly catching "the bug" from ME or anyone else? YOUR "choice". Personal responsibility can be a b!tch sometimes.

Billy,
I took your post as a board general meaning and not just about C-19 and replied that way.

Stan
Old 05-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #39
Stan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmco r/sa View Post
What woud be adequate testing ? Weekly? daily?

I would be interested to know if they were even tested once before going back to a job where they come in contact with people as part of their job. Remember testing them is not only for their safety but also yours.

Stan
Old 05-06-2020, 03:19 PM   #40
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,347 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
"IF" he has "the bug", the only people whom he will have the "chance" of infecting "in the restaurant" would be like minded people that were willing to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" by going to the restaurant. "IF" YOU don't want to take the "chance" of being infected by the "bug" then don't go to the restaurant. It's Bob's "right" to go to the restaurant if he so desires and it's YOUR "right" to not go to the restaurant if you feel unsafe doing so.
You're overlooking one very important point. If he infects anyone in the restaurant; they will then be able to infect others, who in turn can infect others and so forth. If that occurs, all of the progress that has been made in containing this virus will be lost. I don't think any of us want that to occur.