Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
sst1988

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Nov 1-2, annual Lee Sherman Memorial S/SS Race, Hagerstown MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
Saturday and Sunday, Nov 1-2.

Saturday gates open at 10 am. Test and Tune 11am-4 pm $25 to test, all the runs you can make. 10 per crew/spectator. Best Package Shootout at approximately 3:30 pm. Five dollar entry. One run, heads-up time trial, Best Package (excluding redlights and breakouts) wins the purse.

Sunday, gates open at 10 am. Time trials (two runs) noon to 3 pm, then eliminations. $100 entry, paid to Mike Carr (gate fee for crew/spectator $10).

Race is open to all NHRA and IHRA-legal Stock and Super Stock cars. runner-up. Due to the typical large car counts (forty or more every year), first round is run random pairing, with a bye run pulled. With the track Index or quickerset-up, it can clog up the lanes and pit road trying to pair 40+ cars. Ladder for round two, based on reaction time (closest to dial-in for tie-breaker). Round money starts with $50 for second round LOSER, and doubles each round after. Example payout for a forty car field:

-Second round loser = $50
-Third round loser = $100
-quarter-finals = $200
-semi-finals = $400
-runner-up $700
-winner $1500

I personally have been doing this race since 1996. Most of the racers seem to enjoy it, as do I. A laid-back, fun, end of the year race to run for some good money one more time before the snow flies.

For more info, post here, or contact race director Mike Carr
(724) 510-5912 or dragrace@ccia.com

B.D.
just my take i belived that every race you should have to dail you car No heads-up Class runs. All cars must dial their car!
sst1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

It is an all dial-in.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Vic, yes I did. If you want, feel free to give folks directions that may not know where it is. It's near the Crazy Horse, right?
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
j gardiner

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

i was wondering if the gamblers race on sat. was on or not. if so what time will elims. be for that race. right now planning on attending with a guest driver for sat.race.
j gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Hi Jeff. If there is a S/SS Gamblers race, it would be around 3 pm Saturday. Hoping to get eight cars to compete, to make it worth the winners effort. Still undecided on entry fee, I guess we could take a vote among those competing. If it were an eight car field with a $50 entry, it would pay 200 win, 100 r/u and 50 each for the semis. Eight cars with a $20 entry would pay 80 win, 40 r/u and 20 each for the semis. I was leaning towards the $20, since it's $100 to enter the Big Race on Sunday, not sure how many would want to ante up $150 in entries. If enough people want to go ahead and do the Gamblers Race on Saturday, we will, and you all can decide whether to pay $20 or $50. If there isn't enough interest in a Saturday combo, we can just stick to the normal Best Package/"dial for dollars" one run event, five dollar entry, best package (excluding redlights and breakouts) wins the purse, which would be held around 3:30. So far, I have the four on here that are in for a Saturday gamblers race, anyone else? Sunday is the normal schedule, time trials starting at noon, two runs. Eliminations at 3pm. S/SS should be fairly early in the rotation, first or second class out.

Forecast looks pretty good. Mostly sunny both days, 63/38 on Saturday, 57/36 Sunday. A little cool, but should be fast.

The Saturday chassis certification is full. There are still spots open for Sunday's Chasss Certification at 9 am. Contact the track to reserve a spot. Dragway1@aol.com
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote