HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 10-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
Brad Hawk

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Mopar B/E body front suspension Qs

BB E-body street/strip car that runs mid 10s on 275/60R15 DOT drag radials. Had to pull off the k-frame so a local shop can repair the frame damage that is the long-term result of battery acid spillage.

Now that the k-frame's out, I'm considering doing an upper control arm upgrade, a strut rod upgrade, and replacing the lower control arm pivot bushing w/ Delrin stuff. I figure anything that can help free up how well the front end responds coming off the line is a good thing, and it'll never be easer to do than now.

Any suggestions re specific parts that you've had good results with are appreciated. I'm looking at the QA1 non-adjustable upper control arms w/ polyurethane bushings, and a couple of companies have replacement strut rods of different designs. Haven't ordered anything and am open to suggestions.

FWIW, the shop has just put on US Car Tool front fender braces and the car had frame connectors already. They're also installing front & rear torque boxes and a radiator core support. The current front dampers are QA1 R-series which are single-adjustable only for extension resistance and have a very stiff fixed compression setting, and the torsion bars are OEM 318 pieces which are .860" IIRC. Rear suspension is CalTrac bars w/ their split monos and archaic Rancho 5-adjustment truck shocks. The car's best 60 before was a 1.45 on a 10.52 @ 126.5 pass.

Thx - Brad
Brad Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
Gmirza

Liked 209 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Mopar B/E body front suspension Qs

Adjustable strut rods with heim joints are a must. That’s where most of the bind comes from. I don’t know anything about the other parts. But there is a lot of this info on many of the mopar forums. But now is the time to do it. I’m sure any of those upgrades will be a big improvement over the stock parts.
Gmirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
Rod Greene

Liked 203 Times in 72 Posts

Calvert is now making strut rods.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
littlemanjoe

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

Are you allowed to use aftermarket strut rods in Stock Eliminator?
littlemanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #5
Gmirza

Liked 209 Times in 81 Posts

You can’t use the adjustable ones that have heim joints. The Calvert ones are a chromemoly version of the stock one. I believe you can use them. The car in the question is not a stocker.
Gmirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
Brad Hawk

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Correct; definitely not a legal Stocker... just an "illegal" wannabe

Went w/ QA1 tubular upper control arms, QA1 "dynamic" strut rods, and Bergman Auto Craft Delrin LCA bushing and matching pins. Things I can do to help the car hook better on less-than-ideal prepped tracks are steps in the right direction. Thx
Brad Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote