HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
TXCAMSS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ok guys how should the track handled this round?

I'm not looking for anyone to sway my way, I just want to know how it should have been handled. My lights suck and I know that. I was .012 on my last TT and tried to back off a tad and well it was more than a tad, but it was working.lol. I don't do the R** word if I can help it. I've manged to stay in the top 10 in points so I stick with what works for me. I can cut a light if I need it and that means more potential risk. I do count on the other driver to screw the run up and they usually do.lol. What would a real race track do with a divisional race in effect?

Long story short.. I made it to the 5th round and had been cutting 1.7X 60fts and right at a 7.59ish (1/8 mile) most of the day. This car is a pump gas 2000 Camaro SS daily driver/bracket car (my wifes actually). It runs well for what we have done to it and pretty much runs what I expect it to each round give or take a number or so.

Bottom line is I got knocked out for breaking out by 3/10 in the 1/8th mile when the track has a history of timing system errors that usually occur between 4:30pm and sunset. The went from a 1.7X 60ft to a 1.42 60ft and from a 7.59 ET to a 7.31. Now come on!

The other racer refused a rerun so the track manager made the call to go with the timing system ticket, so I was bumped for breaking out by 3/10s. Hell I guess I got DQ'd for not having the proper safety equipment as well.

Here are the time slips. It was too close to judge at the stripe based on both drivers and the spectators at the stripe. Here are the rules for the track also.

http://www.houstonraceway.com/index.php?id=307

“Reruns
In the event of a malfunction of the timing system, the competitors involved will make a rerun of the race.”

TXCAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
et7333

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ok guys how should the track handled this round?

timing system errors that usually occur between 4:30pm and sunset. The went from a 1.7X 60ft to a 1.42 60ft and from a 7.59 ET to a 7.31. Now come on!

I've seen this happen,among other equipment malfunctions,at this time of day depending upon the location of the sun in relation to the infareds on the starting line.This use to be a big problem with the old style lites on the starting line.The next time your at your track go to the starting line and see how they have the infareds mounted on the stage and pre stage.These beams need to travel through a tube,to shield from sun light interferance reflection, about 6-10 inches from their mounting location and the infareds in the center need to be shielded also.What type of front wheel do you use on your car,ie shinny or?If the wheel is shinny you can put shoe polish on them.
et7333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Around 4:15, go to the the left lane.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
TXCAMSS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I will check out the infrared lights the next time out there and I will be staying in the left lane unless I'm forced over from a coin toss.

I run stock style front tires and wheels and will not shine them. That makes sense, but never really thought about it.
TXCAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

James, that is one of the reasons I am not running out there this year. HRP also has a history of screwing the bracket racers. don't ask me how I know, started bracket racing there in 96. You need to talk to the driver committed guys (Coach and Ronny) and see what they say.

And another thing, this HAS happened before and it WILL happen again. I really hatethe way they run the bracket program. I think it sucks. Who would ever have two day racing without any other tracks around. Up in the D/FW area, I can see that. There is about a dozen tracks up there. But Houston? I remember when HRP used to have 26 saturday races a year. We ran for 10 weeks in a row for a couple of years.

Last edited by bobby; 05-21-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: added lines
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
67champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Only in TEXAS... lol
67champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Bob K

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happens all over the country. I've had problems at E-Town. The only time I've ever seen a re-run was on Pinks.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote