HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steve Taylor into NC Drag Racing HOF

Steve Taylor will be inducted into the NC Drag Racing Hall of Fame on Jan 22 2011 as part of The Southern Drag Racing and Muscle Car Expo. I had the pleasure of working with Steve a few years before his passing , He loved this sport of drag racing and always a a great story about " them days".

http://www.dragraceresults.com/article.cfm?id=2558
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steve Taylor into NC Drag Racing HOF

In the 1980's I worked at Coastal Plains Dragway (formerly Hwy 258 Dragstrip) in Jacksonville NC and saw Steve numerous times with his 'Natural High' BBC Nova superstocker. I was just a kid at the time, but I vividly recall the huge wheelstands he did with that car, and indeed he won a lot with it.

A few years ago I bought some BBC parts at a car show in Raliegh, the guy I bought them from got the parts originally from Steve, said Steve kept a bunch of parts under his house.

I am glad to say that whoever owns his old 'Natural High' nova still bracket races the car, same paint on the car even though it is a bit weathered now. I've seen it two or three times at Kinston Dragstrip this past year.

He used to run the superstocker and the black nova bracket car at the same race sometimes IIRC. What I will never forget though is the big wheelstands. Always the biggest, highest, and longest at the track.

Sometime in the early 2000's I approached him at a race when he was driving one of the cavaliers and told him how much fun it was watching the Natural High back in the day, he got a big grin and said it was a big time for him.

Congrats to him, albeit posthumously, for his induction to the HOF. Well deserved imo.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steve Taylor into NC Drag Racing HOF

Click on the link provided, here is a finish line pic of the 'Natural High' from the Tobacco Filed Nationals at KDS in Novemember-

http://www.trackactionvideo.com/gall...2010%20302.htm