HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 11-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Smile FGT oil pan for 360 dragpak Dart sport/Duster

The ex-Whinery-ex Paznak-ex Dye Dart sport can't use the pan that came with the dragpak challenger 360 magnum, or the extra pan from the truck(truck could always use a spare) due to the pesky idler arm. What is everyone else using, any one have a picture of Hillary Sloan's oil pan? This combo should leave sorta like the truck, just more Lebanon right lane proof.......... and slower than sloans, but it will have santhuff's and wheelie bars. Kevco?

Thanks

Eric
Old 12-02-2021, 07:45 PM   #2
Bill Rolik

Liked 47 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: FGT oil pan for 360 dragpak Dart sport/Duster

Eric,

As previously mentioned, I am progressing steadily on the ex-Stickels, ex-many other owners Aspen (my deal: 76 360 for SS/LA), and am about to begin the adventure of oil pan and header creation. The headers that came with the car (original source/brand unknown) are not salvageable, and the oil pan is a very old school Milodon center sump, with no center link pass through. I just purchased a reproduction 360 street pan, which I will remove most of in order to create a shape by progressively adding sections for a pattern to have fabricated later to end up with a legit, box style pan WITH a center link tube. More than likely, it will be Stef's that will receive my "template". Once the pan is done, at that point, headers will have to be built on the car. My belief is that this is the only way to get a "real" oil pan on the car, and the fitment of proper headers will follow. You may end up having to go this route as well.

Bill Rolik
Bill Rolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
sst7250

Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts

Contact Williams Perfromance to get an oil pan made for it.
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:44 AM   #4
Eric Merryfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rolik View Post
Eric,

As previously mentioned, I am progressing steadily on the ex-Stickels, ex-many other owners Aspen (my deal: 76 360 for SS/LA), and am about to begin the adventure of oil pan and header creation. The headers that came with the car (original source/brand unknown) are not salvageable, and the oil pan is a very old school Milodon center sump, with no center link pass through. I just purchased a reproduction 360 street pan, which I will remove most of in order to create a shape by progressively adding sections for a pattern to have fabricated later to end up with a legit, box style pan WITH a center link tube. More than likely, it will be Stef's that will receive my "template". Once the pan is done, at that point, headers will have to be built on the car. My belief is that this is the only way to get a "real" oil pan on the car, and the fitment of proper headers will follow. You may end up having to go this route as well.

Bill Rolik
Thanks Bill, found one from the Sloans in NC its a proper pan with tube, will likely make more hp as Tom noted than the Miloden thats on the truck.

Now on to the next challenge: a repro tuff wheel thats decent and close to original, yet doesn't break the bank!

Eric
Old 12-22-2021, 10:11 PM   #5
DonatoEng

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Eric, which DP 360 magnum pan do you have ?
Old 12-23-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
Eric Merryfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatoEng View Post
Eric, which DP 360 magnum pan do you have ?
The one we got for the dart is a custom built one.

Truck is a miloden, tweaked for fit and wheelstands by Goldman, also a stock dragpak pan morroso that came with the motor from Teuton.

Eric