HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > Mid Atlantic .90 Association

Old 05-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default 7th Annual Sportsman Circuit Shootout

7th annual Sportsman Shootout @ Maple Grove on tap May 21st & 22nd

The Mid Atlantic .90 Association will kick off its 2016 season at Maple Grove Raceway on May 21st & 22nd. The 7th annual Sportsman Circuit Shootout will feature Super Comp, Gas & Street classes along with a special non-points bracket race on Saturday and the Mega Mopar Event on Sunday. This event will be a great warm-up for those racers who are planning to attend the LODRS event the following weekend also at Maple Grove that will be held on May 27th to 29th

The series offers two events in one weekend to its racers and special racers BBQ on Saturday night. The 2015 version was delayed a few months and became the season finale for the series in September. In the end Ash Senft (Super Comp), Hank Smith (Super Gas) & Keith Mayers (Super Street) took home the trophy on Saturday and on Sunday Walter Olt (Super Comp), Jake Barbato (Super Gas) & Dom Burgese (Super Street) claimed the final event of the season. In the end Senft (Super Comp), Earl Nichols Jr. (Super Gas) & Mayers (Super Street) became the 2015 Champions after a long battle that spans tracks such as Atco, Cecil County and Maple Grove.

With the help from VP Race Fuels (Newark, De) and Roadrunner Race Fuels (Mohnton, Pa) the series will be upping its year end points championship fund for all the Top 5 finishers and new for this year anyone who finishes in 6th through 10th place will get a free entry into a selected 2017 Mid Atlantic .90 Event. We have also secured enough sponsorship to once again guarantee a $1,000 purse to the winners of all the events for 2016 without any increase in gate fee or race fee. The one thing that will be different for this year is that you need to be a member to be eligible for the bonus of the guaranteed purse. If a non-member wins and we only have 22 cars show up you will get the payout based on that car count.

Info for this event is as follows, Gates will open on Friday evening at 4pm till around 9:30pm for the Auto Locator Fast Friday Grudge Race. If you are coming in on Friday Night to park and set you will have to pay the gate fee for that night and sign the overnight waiver (this is MG rules, not myself). Gates will open at 8am on Saturday & Sunday Morning with time runs beginning around 9am Saturday and Sunday. As always we do two time runs (weather permitting) and go on a ladder for 1st round and finish each race per day. The higher qualified car for round 1 will also get lane choice for that round only, 2nd round becomes a coin toss. If you would like to become a member for the 2016 season that is an additional $75.00 and we count 6 out of the best 10 events towards your final total for the season. Gate fee will be $30.00 (Basically Maple Grove’s Track Rental) & $75.00 paid to the Mid Atlantic .90 Trailer.

You will also be allowed to leave your trailers & motorhomes at the track for the following weekends LODRS race. You will need to MOVE THEM DOWN NEAR THE GARAGE to store them over the week. I'm sure it will be smart to park in that same area for the .90 race and all you have to do it load up and take a passenger vehicle home so you can come back late Thursday or early Friday for the LODRS race and not miss a day of work.

Also how about a run order....yes, Jason at Maple Grove has things running pretty organized over at the track and was able to pass over a tentative run schedule and lane assignments for that weekend. They We'll also be offering a Pro
Tree bracket class and TnT on Saturday for anyone who might want to work any any bugs before jumping into the .90 Race.

Saturday:
9am - SST Q1 Lanes 1&2
SC Q1 Lanes 5&6
SG Q1 Lanes 7&8
Pro Tree Bracket TT1 5&6
Bracket 2 Time Run 1 Lanes 1&2
Bracket 1 Time Run 1 Lanes 7&8
Test N Tune Time Run 1 Lanes 3&4
SST Q2 Lanes 1&2
SC Q2 Lanes 5&6
SG Q2 Lanes 7&8
Pro Tree Bracket TT2 5&6
Bracket 2 Time Run 2 Lanes 1&2
Bracket 1 Time Run 2 Lanes 7&8
Test N Tune Time Run 2 Lanes 3&4
National Anthem
SST Round 1 1&2
SC Round 1 5&6
SG Round 1 7&8
Pro Tree Bracket R1 5&6
B2 R1 1&2
B1 R1 7&8
TNT TT3 3&4
SST Round 2 1&2
SC Round 2 5&6
SG Round 2 7&8
Pro Tree Bracket R2 5&6
B2 R2 1&2
B1 R2 7&8
TNT TT4 3&4

Till Completion......

Sunday:
9am SST Q1 Lanes 1&2
SC Q1 Lanes 5&6
SG Q1 Lanes 7&8
LMH TT1 1&2
DOT TT1 3&4
B2 TT1 1&2
B1 TT1 5&6
HSS TT1 7&8
NSS TT1 3&4
SST Q1 Lanes 1&2
SC Q1 Lanes 5&6
SG Q1 Lanes 7&8
LMH TT2 1&2
DOT TT2 3&4
B2 TT2 1&2
B1 TT2 5&6
HSS TT2 7&8
NSS TT2 3&4
CLEAN UP/ NO PUNCH 7&8
National Anthem
SST Round 1 1&2
SC Round 1 5&6
SG Round 1 7&8
LMH R1 1&2
DOT R1 3&4
B2 R1 1&2
B1 R1 5&6
HSS R1 7&8
NSS R1 3&4

Any questions about the series please call Rob Keister @ 856-332-2851 or e-mail him at rekeister@aol.com. The series can also be found on the web at www.midatlantic90.com or facebook.com.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Re: 7th Annual Sportsman Circuit Shootout

Well, not the post I wanted to make but, after looking at numerous weather models and talking with Jason & Lex over at Maple Grove we've decided to cancel this weekend's event due to the threat of rain. Currently, the heaviest of the rain does look like it will stay South but, rain moderately through the whole day on Saturday and any chance we have at getting racing in on Sunday will be cut short by about 1pm with heavy thunderstorms rolling in. Of course it won't rain and I will look like an idiot for canceling but, for the majority of our racers all I have to say is "Keystones 2015" and you'll understand that I didn't want you sitting in the rain for numerous days and not racing. We will still count 6 out of the best 8 races (Unless we find a make-up date but, that is a real shot in the dark right now) I wanted to get this out ASAP because I know some of you leave Mid-Afternoon on Friday to get to the track and waste gas. Next race is back at Maple Grove June 25th & 26th and hope for Summertime Like weather.

If you have friends that don't have Facebook, E-Mail or Look at Class Racer on a regular basis and were planning on coming this weekend please send them a text or a phone call tonight to let them know we are not racing this weekend.

Trust me, I want to go racing as much as any of you so I'm in the same boat and feel I made the right decision and hope you understand.

See you all soon,
Rob Keister
Mid Atlantic .90 President
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote