Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2022, 05:39 PM   #21
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts
Default Re: Russ linke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Seems to be a lot of bench racers on here that don't have the balls to post there names.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Have you seen the size of Bubba?
I would hide also
Old 09-18-2022, 06:10 PM   #22
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,498 Times in 1,967 Posts

Shane I used .018'' because that is the difference between the 260 HP
10.1 to 1 CR gasket and the 285 HP 10.5 to 1 CR gasket. I was thinking it could have been a honest mistake.

I was not at Maple Grove for the race but I do run B/SA so I thought I would pay attention.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:24 PM   #23
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,236 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubski View Post
What Bubski is saying Mr Jack !! How would you know what the infraction is since you rely on an engine builder ?? According to a post by Yo Ken it appears to be a flagrant violation of the rules !! I do not know this chap !! however I believe this is inexcusable !! Bubski did a little Research and found that this family has at least a 100 years experience all told in class racing !! Nobody goes to their friendly neighborhood Chevy dealer and buys 260 HP gaskets knowing damn well they don't have that combo , and anyone who just spent their hard earned coin on an engine would more than likely replace the gaskets with the ones set up by the builder !! How about all those lads in Epping who lost to this Saint when he was on his way to the semi's ?? Sure it was dial in time but a higher compression engine is more favorable in any weather conditions !! Bubski would also say that anyone who is praising this chaps morals or integrity probably has a few sins of their own they'd like to be absolved of !! Cheers !! And thank you Class Racer for providing the platform to air out these issues !!!
I'm only going to ask you once... tone it down. Talking in the third person is childish, and not having a real name does not help either. You have a right to an opinion, but show some respect. You shoot your mouth of again without showing respect, and it will be the last time you post on Class Racer.

Sorry folks, I should not have posted any details unless I had all the facts. Thanks Shane for giving us the straight scoop.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #24
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Shane. Thanks for the correct info, my apologies as I was told .022.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:31 PM   #25
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,900 Times in 644 Posts

Cooter thinks Bubski wouldn't say **** standing in front of Bubba.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #26
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Mr.Bubski- I am sad as are others - Bubba Linke is a true sportsman and is well respected in the NHRA ranks and the business world .I personally have not seen his tech sheet so i have no idea how big the infraction was .And BTW ,you can call me a liar all you want but ......
What asshole talks in the third person. Crazy

Last edited by Bob Bender; 09-18-2022 at 08:39 PM.
Bob Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:38 PM   #27
Stock1986

Liked 48 Times in 4 Posts

Yo Ken, well spoken on the response. Clearly the person that refers to themselves in the third person is mentally challenged.

Larry Hill; you and your wife are awesome people and I have had the pleasure of experiencing that in person on more than one occasion. My only response is yes you run B/SA on occasion. However according to NHRA points standings there are 930 people that run stock eliminator, yet you are the only B/SA competitor that felt the need to comment on this site.

Whitehead; you and your dad are awesome people and no need for an apology. I would only ask that you or anyone not post things unless you heard directly from the source.

Lastly, I donÂ’t post on here, Facebook, or any social media outlet often. I must be too busy running a business, working on my cars, or having a life. Please refrain from your keyboard and visit your local track as IÂ’m afraid this sport is slowly becoming extinct. My intention is not to offend anyone, I simply feel the need to defend a friend who does not look at these outlets.

ItÂ’s sunday, enjoy football, and have a good weekend. See you in Virginia and if youÂ’d like to discuss any of the above mentioned topics in person stop by my trailer.

Shane Oakes
1986 G/SA
1986 GT/HA
Stock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:23 PM   #28
Drunken DragPak

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Well said Shane,

I apologize if my earlier posts were taken out of context, I built all my family's motors for 3 years before we realized it was a losted cause due to time, power, and longevity.

Some of you have to realize it's not 50-60 years ago when you could work a 40 and have the time to do the r&d to make power gains. While having a house, family, and everything great that comes with it.

If anyone wants to talk more, because I am horrible at this online stuff, feel free to call Portatree and ask for Steve. Or show up at the shop, address on the website.
Drunken DragPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #29
Kdw1403

Liked 68 Times in 22 Posts

WOW! My apologies to everyone. I didn’t mean to stir up a hornets nest.As Someone once said “ can’t we all just get along”. Lol. 🤪🤪🤪
Kdw1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:45 AM   #30
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,095 Times in 773 Posts

Once upon a time we were DQd at the Keystone Nationals for a cam lift violation (really a Rocker Arm issue). It was unintentional and our fault as we thrashed to reassemble the engine to make the event.
It happens. Maybe a great racer like Bubba will respond to the naysayers of this thread.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked