HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
rawhide

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Mr 5 & 50 68 Cuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Merolla View Post
Uhh...my Camaro is a 68, but it's black. The 66 Chevy II is hopefully a week away from being red, depending on Dave's schedule. Little boy? OK. Somehow I knew you'd miss the little smiley face winking at you. That means I was giving you ****. As in a joke.
No joking allowed. We are a very sensitive thin skinned bunch of folks who fly hot at the slightest provocation.
regards, Roland
rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #22
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Talking Re: Mr 5 & 50 68 Cuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Merolla View Post
Seriously? It must suck to go through life with that giant Mopar Chip on your shoulder.
I can't imagine why a Mopar guy would have a chip on their shoulder? Things to ponder:

1. Chrysler brought out a 355 Hemi for Indy car back in the mid-1950s. It ran 10 MPH faster than the Offies. Outlawed before it even qualified.
2. 1965. Hemi outlawed by NASCAR. Won too dang much.
3. 1971. Hemi's too dang fast in NASCAR with the wing cars. Limit them to 305 CID when everyone else gets 430 CID.
4. 1972. Hemi basically legislated out of business in NHRA PS and NASCAR. Interestingly that was the same year that Winston started sponsoring both series. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.
5. Vipers kick but in LeMans racing. Won too much and they added weight to make them uncompetitive.
6. Dodge gets back into NASCAR after being absent for many years. The Intrepid body must have been too slick and won too much, so they added a 2" high flat blade across the roof to make them uncompetitive.

#1 Rule for Chrysler - don't win too much or they will shut you down. Chevies can win endlessly and no one cares. Chrysler used to be #3 of the Big Three. #2 tries harder, #3 gets table scraps thrown their way on occassion. We go on even against the head winds. We get used to being treated like a stepchild.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
Doug Blackley

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

See, those Mopar guys take everything so personal....lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blackley View Post
See, those Mopar guys take everything so personal....lol.
Sure do.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #25
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

I'm a chevy guy, but I like most everything, but I seem to recall the mopars getting a real Corvette blackballed because it was toooo fast. SS/AH is a protected playground, fine with me....if you look hard enough each brand has some gripe
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Talking Re: Mr 5 & 50 68 Cuda

I ain't got no chip on my shoulder, but there have been some stuff over the many years. Sounds like a campfire discussion. But the Mopar wagon train has always be circled by the Bowtie Indians just in shear numbers. Sometime we get a gatlin gun (SS Hemi), but even it can only 'chootem' so much. (Swamp People 2010).
Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #27
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
I can't imagine why a Mopar guy would have a chip on their shoulder? Things to ponder:

1. Chrysler brought out a 355 Hemi for Indy car back in the mid-1950s. It ran 10 MPH faster than the Offies. Outlawed before it even qualified.
2. 1965. Hemi outlawed by NASCAR. Won too dang much.
3. 1971. Hemi's too dang fast in NASCAR with the wing cars. Limit them to 305 CID when everyone else gets 430 CID.
4. 1972. Hemi basically legislated out of business in NHRA PS and NASCAR. Interestingly that was the same year that Winston started sponsoring both series. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.
5. Vipers kick but in LeMans racing. Won too much and they added weight to make them uncompetitive.
6. Dodge gets back into NASCAR after being absent for many years. The Intrepid body must have been too slick and won too much, so they added a 2" high flat blade across the roof to make them uncompetitive.

#1 Rule for Chrysler - don't win too much or they will shut you down. Chevies can win endlessly and no one cares. Chrysler used to be #3 of the Big Three. #2 tries harder, #3 gets table scraps thrown their way on occassion. We go on even against the head winds. We get used to being treated like a stepchild.
Nice read. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #28
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Kinda hard to not smile. :-)
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Didn't this phrase start the competitive nature of it all,,,

Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday

My 2 Cents,,,
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Kinda hard to not smile. :-)
That's okay, us Mopar folks are use to this type of stuff, it ain't gonna hurt nobody, we just come back stronger and tougher...so have your day in the sun, for now.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote