HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2022, 09:31 PM   #121

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts
Default Re: Explain to me again, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
A spring rule would make the cost of going fast higher. Some people wouldn't care about that but we race a performance base class. More time on the spintron and more cams, lifters, springs, retainers, locks etc to test. But who cares about going fast. Lol
And a roller lifter rule would add more money than the 1800.00 for the tool steel ones. Most who are even having success with shubecks or even tool steel lifters would make the jump to a new roller lifter profile cam. So by the time everyone buys a couple new cams and some bushed lifters , you would be 2 or 3 thousand light in the wallet. What a great idea.

1342 SS/GT

Last edited by 1347; 01-09-2022 at 09:40 PM.
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:02 PM   #122
Terry Cain

Liked 224 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
And a roller lifter rule would add more money than the 1800.00 for the tool steel ones. Most who are even having success with shubecks or even tool steel lifters would make the jump to a new roller lifter profile cam. So by the time everyone buys a couple new cams and some bushed lifters , you would be 2 or 3 thousand light in the wallet. What a great idea.
3 is a lot better than 8-10 to replace block, crank, cam, lifters, pistons, etc, etc.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #123
pmrphil

Liked 250 Times in 107 Posts

If anybody tells you that a bushed lifter won't (or can't) do the same damage with a failure, they're lying. ANY roller lifter, bearing, bushed, whatever, when it fails is going to make an expensive mess.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:25 AM   #124
Barry Polley

Liked 560 Times in 231 Posts

NHRA will not consider this enough reason to add a h u g e expenditure to the rest of the classes. Pretty simple.
One post or poll here does not represent the rest of the country as much as some would like to think.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #125
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Cain View Post
3 is a lot better than 8-10 to replace block, crank, cam, lifters, pistons, etc, etc.
There are no bullet proof lifters.
I have seen all brands fail; some more than others.
Too many people believe that just bolting a specialty part is that easy and will solve all their problems. Too many times, it creates more problems.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #126
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Cain View Post
If you’re blowing up solids now, just think what’s going to happen with rollers. Unless you rev it higher with a cam change, you’re wasting time and money. I read somewhere where you were talking about having the same advantages cars in your class. What class do you run and what fast cars are there in that class, that have roller cams?
Old 01-10-2022, 08:48 PM   #127
john ancona

Liked 103 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
If you’re blowing up solids now, just think what’s going to happen with rollers. Unless you rev it higher with a cam change, you’re wasting time and money. I read somewhere where you were talking about having the same advantages cars in your class. What class do you run and what fast cars are there in that class, that have roller cams?
There you go again putting your spin ,if you have, or had a race car everyone knows everything can fail , let the poor guy alone, he like many others are only trying to come up with a solution , you have beet your drum enough , your simple minded idea that one more thing like the lifters will move stock into super stock when for years now many things have been added to make many thing more reliable in stock engines ,of with I am sure you have on your car ! I know you stated you have been against change ,but like I said before if it's such a big deal why have there been so many changes up to this point , any one or more could have sent stock into super stock !
Old 01-10-2022, 10:18 PM   #128
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

So I’m not allowed to respond? Who are you? His spokesman? A guest moderator? Did Ken hire you on? I thought this was a public forum? Let’s shift from him to you?
Do you think roller lifters will help your program? What class do you run? Do the fastest cars in your class run them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ancona View Post
There you go again putting your spin ,if you have, or had a race car everyone knows everything can fail , let the poor guy alone, he like many others are only trying to come up with a solution , you have beet your drum enough , your simple minded idea that one more thing like the lifters will move stock into super stock when for years now many things have been added to make many thing more reliable in stock engines ,of with I am sure you have on your car ! I know you stated you have been against change ,but like I said before if it's such a big deal why have there been so many changes up to this point , any one or more could have sent stock into super stock !
Old 01-10-2022, 11:17 PM   #129
john ancona

Liked 103 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
So I’m not allowed to respond? Who are you? His spokesman? A guest moderator? Did Ken hire you on? I thought this was a public forum? Let’s shift from him to you?
Do you think roller lifters will help your program? What class do you run? Do the fastest cars in your class run them?
As far as I am concerned feel free to say what ever you like , funny I asked the same question ,who are you to speak for others ,and tell others what to do , as you have been doing on here since 2016 , just so you know where I stand ,no I do not think roller lifters will help my program ,I sold my Camaro BBC stocker to get away from the solid lifters ,I figured my luck was running out running then for fifteen years with out a problem , also I was not the fastest to the contrary I was the slowest ! So being the slowest everybody was faster than me even the cars with roller lifters !