HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2022, 08:52 PM   #11
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Sgmp

Mr. Anderson! The schedule for the SGMP Sick Week stop is till 3pm but most will be gone long before that. The drive for that afternoon is to Garlits Museum for the night party/show 2p-9p. We'll be on Sick Week and skipping the D2 race but hope to see some of ya'll before we leave SGMP for Garlits.

Hell! Maybe we just meet at Garlits!! LOL!! No reason for me to be at SGMP till noon on Friday. Plenty of time for The Smokin Pig!!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-12-2022, 09:18 PM   #12
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,091 Times in 772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
Mr. Anderson! The schedule for the SGMP Sick Week stop is till 3pm but most will be gone long before that. The drive for that afternoon is to Garlits Museum for the night party/show 2p-9p. We'll be on Sick Week and skipping the D2 race but hope to see some of ya'll before we leave SGMP for Garlits.

Hell! Maybe we just meet at Garlits!! LOL!! No reason for me to be at SGMP till noon on Friday. Plenty of time for The Smokin Pig!!
Many years ago when we lived in Connecticut my wife and I were vacationing at Disney I convinced her to drive up to the museum in Ocala because it was pouring the rain. We were the only ones there and who walks out of the office but "Big" himself and stopped to chat with us. I told him that I was on the return road waiting to be weighed with all the other Stockers at the Summernationals at Etown when he stood it up all the way to the 1,000 mark twisted around and headed back toward the staring line. He gave me a poster of that and autographed it for me. OMG what a thrill. Even my wife was impressed.

Last edited by Frank Castros; 01-12-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-12-2022, 09:25 PM   #13
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Many years ago when we lived in Connecticut my wife and I were vacationing at Disney I convinced her to drive up to the museum in Ocala because it was pouring the rain. We were the only ones there and walks out of the office but "Big" himself and stopped to chat with us. I told him that I was on the return road waiting to be weighed with all the other Stockers at the Summernationals at Etown when he stood it up all the way to the 1, 000 mark twisted around and headed back toward the staring line. He gave me a poster of that and autographed it for me. OMG what a thrill. Even my wife was impressed.
"Big" and the Museum are National Treasures for junkies like us! He is always very gracious and down to earth. I was lucky years ago to catch him at the PRI show at someones booth and I had my two boys with me. He took pics and signed a book he wrote for us. It was a great moment and I tried to impress on the kids how much of a hot rod junkie he is..... just like us!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:13 PM   #14
Kenney Kelley

Liked 71 Times in 35 Posts

The way the schedule reads will I be able to show up on Saturday morning and make Q run to get on the Q sheet for Stock? Kenney Kelley

I found out my answer today. Thanks

Last edited by Kenney Kelley; 01-14-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Kenney Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote