HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #51
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

Please see attached banner for the shootout. Feel free to call or text me should you have any questions. I would like to thank Ken Miele for designing and creation of the banner. I will have a picture posted of the shootout trophy asap(still in the works).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	US Nationals - AA Stick Shootout - Banner.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	69446  

Last edited by SS/GSI; 03-21-2024 at 08:05 PM.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:46 AM   #52
Cglrcng

Liked 129 Times in 66 Posts
Talking Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Mr. Bomar, in order to participate in the shootout your car cannot weight less than 3710(20#'s under your A/S minimum).

In order to create a level playing field, cars participating in the AA/S Shootout will need to adhere to their Shootout minimum weight sticker on every run.

If you are concerned about qualifying for the eliminator, you can run A/S or AA/S at your minimum weight and not participate. The general population of participants would not be able to get to minimum AA/S weight. If competitors could get close to minimum weight it would most likely require the removal of the majority of ballast in their cars. This would not be conducive for setting up the cars to the marginal track conditions we have seen the last few years at Indy.

Again, this shootout is for those who want to participate and given the feedback from the racers at Indy over the past couple years, this platform has been well received. Tnx
Don't take the ballast out, put a flyweight driver in...For rent or lease cheap 115 LB. (Wet) weight driver. Pros: Will hammer the tree, not afraid of red (too often by mere thousanths), but your front tires have much more rollout to adjust to than a 20" tall FWD slick, you can add more ballast to the box probably...Cons: Have not lifted a front tire off the track surface since the Mid 80's (would almost die to go high and shift in the air), have not left the line in elims' 2nd. since the early 90's, and has not driven a stick car on track since the early 80's, but I learn fast, drive straight, don't eat much, and will sleep anywhere to race.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:00 AM   #53
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,500 Times in 1,968 Posts

At this year’s Indy class was laddered after Q2. How will the mix of FI cars and 10 K shootout cars be paired if NHRA has them laddered? I don’t think NHRA will allow a C1 looser to race in C2. I’m not saying the carburetor car would loose but it might to a minimum weight FI car. I hope y’all get everything worked out it could be a good show.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:59 AM   #54
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
At this year’s Indy class was laddered after Q2. How will the mix of FI cars and 10 K shootout cars be paired if NHRA has them laddered? I don’t think NHRA will allow a C1 looser to race in C2. I’m not saying the carburetor car would loose but it might to a minimum weight FI car. I hope y’all get everything worked out it could be a good show.
Larry, there is only but a few EFI/Paper car combos in the entire guide that could fit into AA/S. Also, to my knowledge, none of the few combinations have yet to be ran in stock eliminator with a stick. No car has ran AA/S at the US Nationals since its addition to the class category guide. Should an individual now, all of the sudden, wish to run AA/S with one of these rare combinations, it would obviously be to MF the shootout; however, should this arise, its ok...they should just make sure they bring lots of tools and gaskets LOL

This event is for us old school guys by us old school guys...we just want to have fun and race each other. Hoping to have a great turnout and event.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:23 PM   #55
Jason Shepard

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

So, if I have a 69 Camaro, and I want to run AA/S in NHRA class, NOT the special shootout, I will run qualifying with every other stocker. Now its time for rd1 of class. Will NHRA run their AA/S separate from your shootout? Will you have your own ladder? What if I get paired with a car participating in the shootout?
Jason Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:40 PM   #56
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Shepard View Post
So, if I have a 69 Camaro, and I want to run AA/S in NHRA class, NOT the special shootout, I will run qualifying with every other stocker. Now its time for rd1 of class. Will NHRA run their AA/S separate from your shootout? Will you have your own ladder? What if I get paired with a car participating in the shootout?
Like I said Jason, no-one has ever ran AA/S at Indy....ever. So if someone with an older combination wishes to do so, he would be in the NHRA class ladder which we are also using for the shootout; however he would not be a part of the shootout payout/prizes. I highly doubt this hypothetical would happen due to A/S being a better index for a car such as a '69 Camaro or Nova, especially if your goal is to qualify for the eliminator(25 hundredths for 1/2 # WB). I understand your not a fan of what I am doing; however given the positive feedback from actual competitors that will be participating in the shootout, I highly doubt we will have any competitors running AA/S that will not be in the shootout.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:45 PM   #57
J.R. Haddad

Liked 890 Times in 200 Posts
Talking Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

Jason, with a 1969 Camaro AA/S car at NHRA weight, it would be a good
thing to line up against these arbitrated AA/S cars. I believe you would
have an approx. 170 lb. weight advantage.

J.R.
J.R. Haddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:34 PM   #58
Jason Shepard

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

In that hypothetic situatuon, what if I beat a shootout car? What if I win? To JR's point, I would have 170 or so lbs on a shootout car...

Its not about me agreeing or disagreeing with what your doing. Its trying to clarify each situation for those trying to decide to participate or not
Jason Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:06 PM   #59
Jrh5220

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thumbs down Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Like I said Jason, no-one has ever ran AA/S at Indy....ever. So if someone with an older combination wishes to do so, he would be in the NHRA class ladder which we are also using for the shootout; however he would not be a part of the shootout payout/prizes. I highly doubt this hypothetical would happen due to A/S being a better index for a car such as a '69 Camaro or Nova, especially if your goal is to qualify for the eliminator(25 hundredths for 1/2 # WB). I understand your not a fan of what I am doing; however given the positive feedback from actual competitors that will be participating in the shootout, I highly doubt we will have any competitors running AA/S that will not be in the shootout.
How many’. AA/a stick car are there in the world ,looks like it will a short field to me. I am sorry .
Jrh5220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:02 PM   #60
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh5220 View Post
How many’. AA/a stick car are there in the world ,looks like it will a short field to me. I am sorry .
As of now I have 10 competitors who have committed with another half dozen or so who are undecided do to various reasons. We have great sponsors on board and looking forward to a very competitive field. Everyone I have spoken to, who will be involved, has been very supportive and excited.