HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 06-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts
Default Vp c11 5 gallon pail is there a date or date code

Does a date or date code exist on VP 5 gal pails of race fuel ??? I've read all the website propaganda but no real answer to this question. What is the shelf life in a sealed VP pail ???? NAPA stores are now dealers for VP but the store is helpless on information as far as how long it has been in a warehouse before the store gets it. Thanks for info on any of the above.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:21 PM   #2
Mark Lewis

Liked 184 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: Vp c11 5 gallon pail is there a date or date code

Production date is on the label. Should have the week and the year it was made. I have been told it is good for up to 2 years in a sealed pail
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts

Have had my fair share of failed fuel check have gone round and round with Sunoco and VP.

The lowest cost way to buy VP is in 5 gallon cans but the crimped on spout/seal can leak at the crimp and through the plastic. These are better than plastic jugs but for short term storage only.

If you want long term storage must be in the heavier 30 and 55 gallon drums with threaded metal gasketed plug. Cost of fuel in all containers is the same but more in the larger drums because you are charged for the weight of the steel. Even when buying 30 or 55 gallons cost is less in thin metal 5 gallon cans.

Storage is very important in a location with stable temperature fuel does not like temperature swings.

High temp is not good at all. Sheds and shipping containers get over 100 degrees inside in the summer when closed up.

Direct sun NG especially in plastic jugs.

Believe it or not shaking the fuel which is hard to avoid when transporting also causes fuel to degrade.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts

Well I looked and answered the question after I purchased 5 gals from NAPA......delivered overnight ......date is on white tag on the front of the can......number of the day and the year: example 97/20 which would be March something 2020 ......and it has a real price tag for the faint of heart on C11.