Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #91
BG56

Liked 274 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: “Live” from Norwalk 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well the older and “Gooder” got us 3rd round! So we are on our way home !!

I want to know what happened to Bob Unkefer announcing division 3 races? I don’t know the name of the announcer this week but he announced at St Louis also. We need Bob back. By the end of the day, this guy mumbles so you can’t understand him.

Well there’s always next week again !

See y’all in Columbus for the JEGS Sports Nationals !
Other than Warren they were annoying!
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #92
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

Why no final round results on DRC ?
Old 07-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #93
Dan Bennett

Liked 350 Times in 76 Posts

There's no need for the comments about Drag Race Central.

Since Summit left, the expenses of covering a race is directly out of the pocket of the DRC staff. If they don't have a sponsor to at least cover their cost, they are no longer on site.

As for the reports when DRC is not at the track - that so many people seem to think they have a right to - those are generated when the track or division sends the run log data to Rick Green. He then manually keys in each pair in every round to generate the reports. I have never seen the reports be sent until the day's racing is over, certainly not session by session or round by round. And from experience, typing in a few hundred pairs and double checking it for accuracy takes hours.

Rick can do a lot of things, but he's not psychic. If no one sends the data there will be no reports.

Last edited by Dan Bennett; 07-05-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #94
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bennett View Post
There's no need for the comments about Drag Race Central.

Since Summit left, the expenses of covering a race is directly out of the pocket of the DRC staff. If they don't have a sponsor to at least cover their cost, they are no longer on site.

As for the reports when DRC is not at the track - that so many people seem to think they have a right to - those are generated when the track or division sends the run log data to Rick Green. He then manually keys in each pair in every round to generate the reports. I have never seen the reports be sent until the day's racing is over, certainly not session by session or round by round. And from experience, typing in a few hundred pairs and double checking it for accuracy takes hours.

Rick can do a lot of things, but he's not psychic. If no one sends the data there will be no reports.
Dan, UNFORTUNATELY many of us are spoiled by the excellent results of DRC. A BIG THANK YOU for everything that you guys do to get us the results. It’s a new day and age and I realize that you can’t report the results IF the track doesn’t send you the info.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:58 PM   #95
Dan Bennett

Liked 350 Times in 76 Posts

I appreciate your post.

To be clear, I am no longer on the staff at DRC. I was there at the very beginning with Larry Sullivan and Ed Dykes back in the Compuserve days. There was a period when my time at the track was taken up by the teams I was on so I had to step away.

Later, I came back and did a few races. I can honestly say that any of the reporters have a deep love for racing, because even if your expenses are paid the long hours and pressure involved don't make sense otherwise.

I'm not kidding about the hours. 16 hours at the track was not all that unusual especially if there was a lot of cars.
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-05-2021, 09:09 PM   #96
Roy Kinslow

Liked 124 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover44 View Post
Why no final round results on DRC ?
As an alternative to DRC there are the detailed results on the Lucas oil page of the NHRA site. Just like what's on the time slip. Maybe someone could post a link, it's in the neighborhood of the live timing. Hope this is helpful.
Roy Kinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #97
Andy Friar

Liked 220 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Kinslow View Post
As an alternative to DRC there are the detailed results on the Lucas oil page of the NHRA site. Just like what's on the time slip. Maybe someone could post a link, it's in the neighborhood of the live timing. Hope this is helpful.

https://www.nhra.com/results/2021/lu...ock-eliminator
Old 07-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #98
doglover44
VIP Member

Liked 393 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Kinslow View Post
Thank you guess im so used to being Spoiled by DRC