HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 12-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tom Coonly - 2014 TNT Super Series 3rd Place!

COUNTDOWN to a Championship
- Tom Coonly -
2014 TNT Super Series Third Place

Tom Coonly from Blasdell, New York drove his 1975 Chevy Nova to a third place finish in the 2014 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series. With 657 points, Coonly was in contention right up until the final race of the season.

After winning the second race at Cayuga in early June, Coonly drove to the semi's at Lancaster and followed that up with a runner-up in the Sister Act Band SHOOT-OUT at Empire in August. Another final round on Labour Day weekend at Cayuga and then strong qualifying performances to end the season put him solidly in third place.

"I have to thank Jeff Gregoire, Jamie and Heather Stoneman and my biggest supporter... my grandma... who passed in October," said Coonly. "Even with all the breakage in the beginning of the year, I have to thank Mike Janis at Jan-Cen Racing Engines for their quick turnaround. They give me a reliable piece to go out and be competitive with." He went on to thank Jason Vitez Racecars for an awesome set up and Phil's Quality Auto Service.

Coonly has been running in the TNTSS since it began and has seen the top five three times. He has also been successful on the IHRA circuit with two appearances in the Tournament of Champions, once in 2009 and again in 2012.

"Finishing in the top five in this series is a great accomplishment. I'm looking forward to making a run at the championship next year," he added. "Have to also thank Joe Boniferro and Ted Barnes for putting this series together and everyone who supports it. The level of competition is the toughest anywhere and that is thanks to all the awesome sponsors."

Coonly has owned the Nova for six years. It's powered by a 461 big block Chevrolet and runs 9.70's at 138 mph. To learn more about the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series and how you can get involved, visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com .