HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 12-14-2014, 02:59 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ted Barnes - 2014 TNT Super Series 4th Place!

COUNTDOWN to a Championship
- Ted Barnes -
2014 TNT Super Series Fourth Place

Driving his Chevy-powered Datsun 510, Caistorville Ontario's Ted Barnes finished fourth in the 2014 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series championship points chase with 625 points.

Barnes, who also happens to be the TNTSS Director of Operations, started the season with a runner-up finish at Empire Dragway and quickly followed that with a win at Lancaster. He held the points lead for few weeks then surrendered it on Labour Day weekend.

Barnes also finished fourth in the tightly contested Performance Improvements DRIVER OF THE YEAR Award, lubricated by Royal Purple with the average winning package for the season an impressive .041 seconds.

"I'm excited to finish where we did," said Barnes. "We started the season very strong with two final rounds in the first three races but then we couldn't close the deal in the second half. The car was working great but things just didn't go our way."

Barnes' son Jackson ran his first full year in junior dragster competition finding the winner's circle himself and landing a 7th place finish in the local junior dragster points chase.

"I have to thank my family - Cathy, Cassidy and Jackson - for being there for me and allowing me to be away many weekends in the summer. And my dad - The Clapper - and mom who have been behind me from the start many years ago," he added. "This year, Jackson was key to our success. He's an awesome crew chief and a talented driver!"

Barnes went on to thank Performance Improvements Speed Shops, Scott Conrad Racing Engines, Joe's Transmission, Hoosier Tire Canada, F&M Signs, MSD Ignition, Crane Cams and Mahle.

"And the people behind the scenes in the TNT Super Series... Joe Boniferro and his family including Ryan and Pat... Anastazia Boniferro and Nicole Jablonski for keeping raceday operations on track... plus all the sponsors, racers and fans who make this series the best there is!"

The 1972 Datsun is powered by a 383 Chevrolet stroker small block, a Joe's Transmission powerglide then a Moser rear and runs 10.40's at 130 mph on a good day. "Scott (Conrad) did a lot of work in the off season to improve air flow through the combustion chamber and picked us up about a 1/10th and 1.5 mph... and that really helped racing the stripe!"

Stay close to www.tntsuperseries.com for everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Default Re: Ted Barnes - 2014 TNT Super Series 4th Place!

good job Ted. a LOT of very good drivers in that series. congrats to all
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote