HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 12-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JJ Jablonski - 2014 TNT Super Series 2nd Place!

COUNTDOWN to a Championship
- JJ Jablonski -
2014 TNT Super Series Second Place

For two-time series champ JJ Jablonski, the 2014 season saw him drive his 1967 Chevy II to a second place finish in the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series championship points chase.

Jablonski, based in Alden New York, snuck up on his 677 points and was a strong contender for the title.

His season was the picture of consistency. Jablonski went deep into eliminations at all but two events and got qualifying points at all but one. Top that with a win at Cayuga on Labour Day and he was tough to catch.

But Jablonski will tell you they struggled from the beginning of the season. "Our team’s effort for a three peat in the 2014 TNT Super Series didn’t go as planned to say the least," he said.

"The first couple of races it was a trial just to get down the track. We searched for the problem for weeks, which included having my friend and car builder Jason Vitez re-scale the car hoping to find something out of whack. We finally ended it up narrowing it down to the only thing new that was added to the car, the rear tires. So we began working with Ron McKay from Hoosier Tire of Canada and came to realize that we had put the wrong compound tire on. With Ron's help, we changed the tires and finally started getting down the track and winning rounds."

Jablonski's only win in the 2014 TNTSS came at Toronto Motorsports Park on Labor Day weekend. "That would not have been possible without the help of Joe Boniferro," added Jablonski. "Joe stepped right up to help when he saw the car in the air only to find a leaking soft plug. He jumped right in, fixed the problem and we were able to go out and win that race."

There are a lot of people involved on Jablonski's race team. "I want to thank my wife Nicole who sets the timer up and my long-time friend Dennis O'Brien." Sponsors include Jason Vitez Race Cars, Jeff Gregoire at Phils Auto Service, Joe Urbino at Louie's Car Clinic, Jan-Cen Racing Engines and Autos Direct Of Alden.

"Most importantly I would like to thank TNT Super Series creator Ted Barnes, the title sponsor Joe's Transmission and Joe Boniferro, plus all the series and event sponsors. Without them we would not have such a successful series to participate in."

Visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com for everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.