Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Is Epping Race dying ?

I was there.
It SUCKED.
Got there early on Thursday morning, sat and waited to be parked in THE DIRT WAY up in back, while others came in behind me and just drove to a spot on the grass.
NO texting from NHRA available, NO Radio station available, NO garbage cans, NOT even a port-a-pottie and NHRA ONLY came by ONCE to tell us that they called us to the lanes.
Had to keep driving up to the scales to hear ANYTHING. My car looks like I went dirt racing with it.
I'm cured, I'll NEVER go back.

The confusing part is, when they first got the National they were supposed to make all these improvements, I haven't seen any. It was all supposed to be repaved, NO MORE dirt, New tower, new staging lanes, etc, etc. Just to get to the staging lanes from up top in the dirt, it was an obstacle course trying to avoid all the huge holes, bumps and cracks.

For $440 (me and crew) you would think they would at least pit you with some pavement.

Mean while, there were all these motorhomes homes (no trailers) parked on the pavement.

I'm done.
No More.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #12
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: Is Epping Race dying ?

Div 3 they run snow mobiles too but I've never seen cars racing at snow mobile races why is that???
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #13
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I`m sorry to hear the bad reports from Epping, but I`m not as surprised as I once was. July 4th is a tough weekend to hold any event, After losing Englishtown, I was optimistic that this would race would do better. Maybe if they move the date it will help. They are going to need Pro classes to fill the stands. Not sure how they will draw Long Island, and Southern D1 sportsman racers. I hope it improves.
Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #14
Rsmith38

Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I wasn't there - Couldn't get in Quota was filled in Stk, SC, SST. There were some open spots in the other Sportsman categories. Have been parked in past at the Overflow Area. Was always called by officials and always had the track radio working? Been at Gators, parked WAY BACK and radio was out of range!
Rsmith38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #15
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Is Epping Race dying ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Div 3 they run snow mobiles too but I've never seen cars racing at snow mobile races why is that???
LOL.........
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #16
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarrail View Post
I was there.
It SUCKED. The confusing part is, when they first got the National they were supposed to make all these improvements, I haven't seen any. It was all supposed to be repaved, NO MORE dirt, New tower, new staging lanes, etc, etc.
So, what you're saying is that when the owners were bargaining to get a Natl. Event they were doing it as if they were running for public office?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #17
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

The race for NHRA and the track continues to look like an attendance success.
Plus the Stock, Super Stock and Super Street classes will always fill up since for so many of the Canadians and Northern New Englanders ,this is the closest race within less than 12 -20 hours. ....Plus what Stock /SS racer is going to miss an opportunity to run Class !
The track pit area and spectator parking areas are unfortunately woefully undersized.
The amount of space that was set aside for the Gold and Red Key parking and the golf cart trailer was ridiculous, plus there was a huge area that the Stock/SS cars usually park that was torn up and not available. If all the motorhomes and cars that were parked on the paved area were moved ,there would have been dozens of additional pit spaces available.
The grass pit area was soggy and torn up with deep ruts everywhere...... The first spot I was parked in was so sloped I could not open the trailer door and I could not level the Motorhome .... It started to slide off the wood that was needed to keep the pads from sinking into the ground !!
The idea that back to back Div/Nationals is good for the racers is total B.S.unless you are retired . .....Especially on a major holiday week !
I ,like many others had to go back to work after Lebanon . ......between the two races I spent 22 hours on the road . ...Yeah ,I know thats not a lot for some racers ,but driving in N.Y., Conn. and Mass. is the WORST . . The BUMP sign , the state motto for Mass. and Conn. is at nearly every bridge. ....I hold my breath at every one !!
I would expect to see a continued decline in racers from farther South than N.Y. except for those of us that chase the points.
And that's without considering the Mosquito and tick issues !!
Old 07-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #18
tstickff

Liked 458 Times in 108 Posts

On top of the major Tick and Mosquito issue, and very soft grass that everyone was getting rigs stuck in, and the grass that was not mowed for crap, i found it funny that my $330 entry fee that got me an all access restricted pass, was very restricted, it seemed i had more rent a cops telling me i couldn't do things like i was a 12 year old. Then during my first time shot Friday, by the time i staged the car it was 140 degrees because i had 5 staging cops telling me to stop, then pull forward 5 feet then stop, then pull forward to the next rent a cop, then get bitched at the next time because i refused to start the car and roll forward 3 feet. seems they hired people who loved the authority for a weekend and forgot the fact that i payed a ton of money to be there.....oh well, im sure ill see them again when the county fair rolls into town
Old 07-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #19
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
The race for NHRA and the track continues to look like an attendance success.
Plus the Stock, Super Stock and Super Street classes will always fill up since for so many of the Canadians and Northern New Englanders ,this is the closest race within less than 12 -20 hours. ....Plus what Stock /SS racer is going to miss an opportunity to run Class !
The track pit area and spectator parking areas are unfortunately woefully undersized.
The amount of space that was set aside for the Gold and Red Key parking and the golf cart trailer was ridiculous, plus there was a huge area that the Stock/SS cars usually park that was torn up and not available. If all the motorhomes and cars that were parked on the paved area were moved ,there would have been dozens of additional pit spaces available.
The grass pit area was soggy and torn up with deep ruts everywhere...... The first spot I was parked in was so sloped I could not open the trailer door and I could not level the Motorhome .... It started to slide off the wood that was needed to keep the pads from sinking into the ground !!
The idea that back to back Div/Nationals is good for the racers is total B.S.unless you are retired . .....Especially on a major holiday week !
I ,like many others had to go back to work after Lebanon . ......between the two races I spent 22 hours on the road . ...Yeah ,I know thats not a lot for some racers ,but driving in N.Y., Conn. and Mass. is the WORST . . The BUMP sign , the state motto for Mass. and Conn. is at nearly every bridge. ....I hold my breath at every one !!
I would expect to see a continued decline in racers from farther South than N.Y. except for those of us that chase the points.
And that's without considering the Mosquito and tick issues !!
Great Post Tom. This seems to be the way it will be at most national events. Seems the NHRA makes more money off of the motorhome parking than the Sportsman racers. We keep getting pushed farther away from the staging and racing areas every year.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #20
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarrail View Post
I was there.
It SUCKED.
Got there early on Thursday morning, sat and waited to be parked in THE DIRT WAY up in back, while others came in behind me and just drove to a spot on the grass.
NO texting from NHRA available, NO Radio station available, NO garbage cans, NOT even a port-a-pottie and NHRA ONLY came by ONCE to tell us that they called us to the lanes.
Had to keep driving up to the scales to hear ANYTHING. My car looks like I went dirt racing with it.
I'm cured, I'll NEVER go back.

The confusing part is, when they first got the National they were supposed to make all these improvements, I haven't seen any. It was all supposed to be repaved, NO MORE dirt, New tower, new staging lanes, etc, etc. Just to get to the staging lanes from up top in the dirt, it was an obstacle course trying to avoid all the huge holes, bumps and cracks.

For $440 (me and crew) you would think they would at least pit you with some pavement.

Mean while, there were all these motorhomes homes (no trailers) parked on the pavement.

I'm done.
No More.
I was there, just got home from what was a great event for us and couldn't disagree more with your comments.

I got there 6:45 Wednesday morning for stacking, #26 on line then went to Hampton Beach for the day, had a great time there. Back Thursday morning at 7:00am, saw Dave Mohn and the rest of the crew who started parking us at 8:00am, I was in by 9:15 and got a nice spot on the grass right at the staging lanes, same place the majority of the sportsman racers were parked.

Got an email from NHRA Wednesday morning asking if we wanted txt updates throughout the event and we opted in. Was notified everyday when called to the lanes, schedule changes etc.

Also listened to the radio station, 89.7 everyday in my trailer and while cruising on my golf cart everywhere on the property.

Garbage cans and port a potties too were everywhere throughout the pits where we and the majority of sportsman racers were parked as well the concession area had permanent and trailer based toilets.

I'll agree the facility like most needs improvements but it is what it is. Most important is the track is good.

BTW, those motorhomes parked on the pavement down at the finish line belong to the Pro Teams.

That said, be honest Frank, you don't like the NHRA don't like the fact that 6.10 is the quickest you can run and have stated so on another forum and possibly this one so why do you come? Others have adapted to the NHRA's rules for TD, but you just seem to refuse to and frankly it seems you are wasting your time and $. But you've said "I'm done" before.

Last October 30th....

"It's Official TD TS 6.10
http://promod.nhra.com/userfil...ments%2010-23-18.pdf

I'm out.
PDRA is where I'm heading since they took my class away.

Yeah, I can't wait.
My wife is MORE excited than I am.
Since NHRA did this it just made our decision for us.

She already told me to order the rear gear and new converter.
The 3.70 thing doesn't bother me, at least that is still fast.
As you know having a 6.00 car doesn't mean I have a 3.70 car, far from it, they are different animals.

Can't wait to come join you guys."

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Last edited by 1320racer; 07-08-2019 at 04:44 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote