HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #41
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts
Default Re: Horsepower on tuesday

I really don't have a dog in this fight except my brother has my old Corvette and runs the same class. Different year and engine parts. If someone makes a time shot and they are light going across the scales not matter what they went for a time the run should not count. We see it all the time. Someone DQ'd at the bottom of the list on their first time run. So if you go across the scales light even though you went 1.20 or more why should it count. What if someone wanted to ruin a combo. Drop 200 lbs out of the car go 1.30 under. When you cross the scale should that run count. Now the difference here is some of you are saying he played with weight at the top end before going across the scales. Did any of you see it? Did anyone from NHRA see it? If not run should not count. If someone intentional plays with weight after a run at the top end before they hit the scales and an NHRA official see's it different story. Be careful wishing someone to get HP it could be your combo next. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #42
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I really don't have a dog in this fight except my brother has my old Corvette and runs the same class. Different year and engine parts.

snip< Now the difference here is some of you are saying he played with weight at the top end before going across the scales. Did any of you see it? Did anyone from NHRA see it? If not run should not count. If someone intentional plays with weight after a run at the top end before they hit the scales and an NHRA official see's it different story.> snip

BP
Wouldn't playing with vehicle weight after a run before you cross the scales get you a year off or more instantly?
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #43
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

We as Stock and Super Stock “class racers” need to see that the rules are followed these days! If someone is out there blatantly cheating, and get caught, they need to face the music with the proper penalties! It is not ok for daddy to call an NHRA higher up and have his kid’s DQ from the race reversed! We need to take a stand and demand he gets the discipline he deserves!!! If not, it will just continue to happen! Does anyone on here think this is fair?

Let’s see who has a set!!! Contact your rep and demand he gets dq’d from the race, takes a 0 for points and gets a year vacation!
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #44
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts

Mr. Worner you are 100% correct. This type of activity does not slide east of the Mississippi and should not in nay of the 7 divisions.
Too many things going on in particular with that race team. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck. Cody Lane and team are labeled as CHEATERS and the wins will always have an asterisk and no respect given.
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #45
jmdavison

Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Cool Re: Horsepower on tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I really don't have a dog in this fight except my brother has my old Corvette and runs the same class. Different year and engine parts. If someone makes a time shot and they are light going across the scales not matter what they went for a time the run should not count. We see it all the time. Someone DQ'd at the bottom of the list on their first time run. So if you go across the scales light even though you went 1.20 or more why should it count. What if someone wanted to ruin a combo. Drop 200 lbs out of the car go 1.30 under. When you cross the scale should that run count. Now the difference here is some of you are saying he played with weight at the top end before going across the scales. Did any of you see it? Did anyone from NHRA see it? If not run should not count. If someone intentional plays with weight after a run at the top end before they hit the scales and an NHRA official see's it different story. Be careful wishing someone to get HP it could be your combo next. BP
The rule book says You must scale or fuel ck,(Sec 2 P 11) if you run quicker than any previous run. If cody made a mistake by running to quick, step up and take the hit. Just sayin,,,,
Old 07-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #46
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

I agree if you are caught changing your weight before you go on the scales after a run there should be a penalty and HP if deemed so. I just haven't heard anyone come on hear and say he was caught by an NHRA official. Bryan I don't think anyone should get away with breaking the rules if caught. So far I have only heard speculation as to what happened. If he was caught by an official then they need to take the right actions. Anyone at the race care to elaborate as to what really happened. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #47
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,605 Times in 375 Posts

If there is no video or picture or a human being there ..it didn’t happen
Sorry to inform you folks
Did he change his front bumper to get the horse power off?
That’s me bitching. Now
Old 07-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #48
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Something happened, he's on the sheet then he's off and then back on it. Don't add up, someone knows something out there and if they don't stand up and say something that's as bad as doing it yourself.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get away with what's been said happened but difference is I wouldn't do it in the first place, I got integrity.....
Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #49
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

I was just informed about a post on FB by a racer who was at the scales when all this went down. It makes it pretty clear about what happened. The racer(s) in question are probably monitoring this thread and should post their response to these allegations. They are members.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #50
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Here is a couple of questions. Just being the devils advocate here.

1. Is the car actually capable of going -1.20+ under?
2. Was the car properly classified? Sometimes a car will show up on the Q sheet in the wrong class and show it was farther under the index than it really should be. Typically on the first round of Q. Happens a lot here in D2 on the first Q run.

3. Is there a chance that the clock malfunctioned or some blowing debris or trash tripped the beam?

These are a few things that can cause an erroneous ET on any run at any time.
I don't know the car or person that was involved and don't see anything but rumors here.