HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts
Default Time to Start Pondering and Thinking About 2021

This morning while spending time and mulling over things in my prayer time, recognized and grasped it has been a challenging and difficult year for the racing community in many, many ways. Especially when thinking of the loss many of our close racing friends that we will not see again, missing the camaraderie and their company at the races.

From a pandemic, to politics, bickering on who is right and who is wrong, dealing with a limited and difficult racing year, unemployment, riots, kids unable to be in school, not being able to socialize with our friends, not being able to have family gatherings, many business owners having difficulty making a profit and the list goes on with the disruptions of our daily lives…

Due to all these challenges and interruptions to our daily lives, many of us may have become angry, emotionless and apathetic. Yes, much of this is out of our control and also imposed on us by those in power.

I realize that the majority of these issues and matters will be lingering around next year. Nevertheless, I believe that as a strong racing community, we can prevail over many of these challenges.

All things considered, the year 2020 is almost over; I just want to make a thought-provoking question for all to deliberate and reflect on:

What can we all do to make things better for our racing community next year, 2021?

I realize that all of us have a very competitive demeanor, with the goal to win. However, how about we limit the bickering and backbiting among ourselves and work harder in our friendships?
You never know what tomorrow is going to be or what it will bring.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Time to Start Pondering and Thinking About 2021

Great thread. We have to remember that there are things that we can't change or control. While on this earth 2 things are important family and friends. Our personal beliefs will affect how we handle each situation.

Personally, I believe in God and his power and that has helped me keep some friends for over 30 years without conflict between us. That doesn't mean that we can't disagree on things.

We ALL need to live life one day at a time and be thankful that we wake up each day.

As we have been shown in the last few days, no one is guaranteed how long they have on this earth, so enjoy each day as if it is your last.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,792 Times in 571 Posts

No matter what happens in this Crazy World.......

God sits on His Throne AND is in Control!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

I realize that all of us have a very competitive demeanor, with the goal to win. However, how about we limit the bickering and backbiting among ourselves and work harder in our friendships?
You never know what tomorrow is going to be or what it will bring.[/QUOTE]

Good thread. My first divisional's this year and I'm really impressed with the friendly and helpful people involved, whether it be support people, racers, etc.
On a more personal level you and I kinda got started off in a negative way on here, but lets put it behind us and look forward to a better 2021.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:10 PM   #5
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykr View Post
You never know what tomorrow is going to be or what it will bring.
Good thread. My first divisional's this year and I'm really impressed with the friendly and helpful people involved, whether it be support people, racers, etc.
On a more personal level you and I kinda got started off in a negative way on here, but lets put it behind us and look forward to a better 2021.[/QUOTE]

Like many, I can get a bit passionate on some subjects, and yes, I put it all behind and my most sincere apologies.

Those that know me, would say I am easy to get along and always there to help. Add this year, 2020, with everything that has transcended in our daily lives, and especially the loss of close friends, has made me even reflect more about life. To top it, just a day ago, I learned about another loss that shook me to the core because it brought back memories of the loss of my oldest son in 2005.

Yes, we do not know what our future holds and the reason I give it all to God every day.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

5 years from now, you will look back & admit that you spent an entire year of your life wearing a mask, cooped up in your house & avoiding all the people you love. A year in your life that you’ll never get back.

And let me say this, I am not saying this virus isn’t real, or that there aren’t people that could really be affected. If you’re at risk, take precautions, absolutely. Every single day is a risk. Car accident, flu... our days were numbered before this. That has not changed.

BUT, we should not be forced to live in fear. We went from being a free nation to being told we couldn’t go to school, couldn’t go to church, couldn’t go to our grandma's house, couldn’t pay respects to a loved one through a funeral.... and when we were allowed to do these things, we were told how long we could be there, how far apart we have to be, what to wear...Cant race cant go to a race track without being controlled

Yes, our health matters. But you know what else matters? Family. Friends. Church. School dances. Football games. County fairs. Family vacations. Neighborhood BBQs. Life.Race Cars, Racing

One day, you’ll hug your grandma, mom, dad, or brother for the last time. One day, your best friend will cry on your shoulder for the last time. One day, your son will play his last football game. One day, your daughter will wear her last prom dress. One day, they’ll have their last day of school. One day, you’ll spend your last day laughing with a loved one. One day, you’ll dance your last dance. One day you will run your last run down the track

Don’t waste the days you have by living in fear. Let go of the Button Go to Diner

Your time here on earth matters & God didn’t put us here to be afraid of everything He’s blessed us with.

Live your life while you have the chance. God is gonna call you home when it’s your time. Virus or no virus.

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
**II Timothy‬ *1:7‬ *

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 11-30-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 646 Times in 207 Posts
Cool Re: Time to Start Pondering and Thinking About 2021

Great thread, you guys! You just never know what's next. Live above it the best we know how.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I had one of my best racing seasons in my career. I ran 8 divisional events and one national event in 2020. I worked every day as usual. Our family had our usual gatherings at special days and holidays and will continue. I am more concerned about the new regime taking over than I am with the virus. I can’t imagine that the economy can get better under the democratic control. Gas and diesel fuel are affordable. Home interest is at a 30-40 year low. Stock markets and investments have been making money. Unemployment is low even with the virus shutdowns. I am sure the next few years will be more difficult than what we experienced in 2020. Hopefully I am wrong but i doubt it.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #9
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I had one of my best racing seasons in my career. I ran 8 divisional events and one national event in 2020. I worked every day as usual. Our family had our usual gatherings at special days and holidays and will continue. I am more concerned about the new regime taking over than I am with the virus. I can’t imagine that the economy can get better under the democratic control. Gas and diesel fuel are affordable. Home interest is at a 30-40 year low. Stock markets and investments have been making money. Unemployment is low even with the virus shutdowns. I am sure the next few years will be more difficult than what we experienced in 2020. Hopefully I am wrong but i doubt it.
I feel the same.
I had a very good year even though I did not get to race all I wanted to.
The wife and I sat at home from early March to late July when we went racing again.
We are old and took precautions as we should and still went racing and had a great year.
I finished in the top ten this year and had a chance to win the World Championship without even knowing it until we went to Las Vegas for of all the end of year races.
If I could have used all those cancelled races I had scheduled to run early in the year to count points what might have been?

I also can only be hopeful for 2021 and what may happen.
I am at the age where I am not sure how much longer I can continue to compete.
I thought when I turned 70 years old my race career would be ending it has not been the case and at 71 I have my best year.
Finishing in the top ten was always a goal and to achieve it at 71 gives all us old guys hope for the next few years.

Overall the year 2020 was a bust and we can not get that time back however, we must move on and not look back.

I can only hope our Canadian friends can come join in the racing fun for 2021.

2021 is not an election year so that is one thing that will make a better year than 2020.

Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote