HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato
Default the new trend of drag raceing

Well i guess i am done. now if you want to go to points race you have to enter on line.what if you at the last hour you cant go for some reason will they refund your money!!!! and no time slips. so they are going to email your run to your phone some tracks like houston have bad cell phone reception.i would like to know how they are going to do that.my phone does not have that. you know enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the vent but this crap has to STOP!!!!! Is this all divs or just div 4

Last edited by sammy pizzolato; 06-11-2020 at 10:51 AM.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,650 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: the new trend of drag raceing

At the Atlanta race we did the online entry, tech card and waivers. That process was pretty easy. Not sure what would happen if you had to withdraw for some reason. Maybe health or tow rig broke down. It does say no refunds but maybe they would apply it to another race later down in the schedule. At Atlanta we got our time slips like normal and fuel check and scale was normal. The only real difference was when you showed up at the gate you just gave them your name and they handed you an arm band and you went into the track. No tech like the national events but you didn't have to go through the line to get credentials. I am sure as things progress it should get even easier. D2 has another race coming up in a few weeks.
Also there was no payout at the track. from what they said it would be mailed to us after the W9 form was filled out and sent to NHRA via e mail. Not sure how long that will take.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Sammy, Hang in there, hopefully it will get better and close to normal. My wife cannot wait till the tracks open fully so she gets some peace and quiet away from me. Try to smile
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,632 Times in 1,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
Well i guess i am done. now if you want to go to points race you have to enter on line.what if you at the last hour you cant go for some reason will they refund your money!!!! and no time slips. so they are going to email your run to your phone some tracks like houston have bad cell phone reception.i would like to know how they are going to do that.my phone does not have that. you know enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the vent but this crap has to STOP!!!!! Is this all divs or just div 4
All divisions Sammy....I feel your pain .I am pissed too. For every action , there is a reaction. Mine is I will NO longer buy any CHINESE ****...(stuff)
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
All divisions Sammy....I feel your pain .I am pissed too. For every action , there is a reaction. Mine is I will NO longer buy any CHINESE ****...(stuff)
Sounds like a good time to stop, Sammy. I was starting to put my car back together. Sounds like I will just let it sit.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #6
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

I have had enough of this new wave crap.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 657 Times in 257 Posts

This is what we are using to test. Very small and best I can tell about .02 off on actual ET. Put this in you car. no more timeslips or clocks needed and compare dialin and actual run in the pits to determine winner.

Dragy uses high speed GPS satellites to accurately measure your vehicles performance within 1/100th of a second, producing identical results to the much more expensive and cumbersome VBOX system, in a less expensive and easier to use package. The Dragy software automatically charts slope on all timeslips which you can then post to forums or social media, share with friends, or even upload to the Dragy leader board. The Dragy box is extremely compact at 1" x 3" (25.4mm x 76.2mm) and can be set on the dash when testing and stored in the glove box or center console when not in use.

In addition there are many advanced features under development including superimposing performance data over your mobile camera, virtual races with friends, an internal feed for photos and performance discussion, and more to come. Runs are saved in both metric and SAE formats, allowing comparisons of 100-200kmh and all metric equivalents. You can also define your own performance windows for measuring both trap speeds and/or elapsed times, time to brake performance such as 100-0, and much more.

The system can be run simultaneously with JB4 Mobile and other bluetooth apps. Requires the Dragy app which is available free of charge for both iOS and Android.

Features:
Measure acceleration (0-100kmh, 100-200kmh, 1/4 mile and more)
Measuring braking time (100-0kmh, 200-0kmh and much more)
Lap Time (available soon)
G-force measurement
Highscore list sorted by manufacturer
Dragy
Video Drag and Drop
Profile (garage, profile picture and much more)

Box contents:
Dragy Performance Box Lap and Accelerometer
USB charging cable
2x metal plates and 3M adhesive strip
Manual
Jeff Stout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #8
Jim Bailey

Liked 572 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs up Re: the new trend of drag raceing

Sammy, I was as skeptical as you are, however, the Div 2 race at Atlanta was pleasantly a breath of fresh air !! The online entry and tech was easy. Everybody was courteous and helpful. And most of all - it was a taste of normality ! - .... I'd say , " Try It You'll Like It ! " The only draw back at this point is, when you enter, it specifically says, " Your purchase is non refundable." I think that needs adjusted. You should at least be able to withdraw/transfer if something comes up that you don't make it. OVERALL ...great job by Div 2 !
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:36 PM   #9
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Sammy,
The timeslip app is not an email program. I was skeptical about cell coverage too. Still wonder about at National Events with more people using the bandwidth. In Tulsa, the App worked well, the entry/credentials/waivers went well. You can always wait until the last minute to enter if there may be an issue about making the race. It's not like the Nationals. At least you don't have to get your car out until it's time to race. No more waiting in line for tech.
Dan
SC4698
Old 06-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #10
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Gees no paying at the door, No tech, No time slip. Maybe skip the water burnout and some person in California is going to activate the tree. Sounds like it should be less money to enter to race too. Is the Ambulance on call? Soon there be an app on the phone to flip for lanes. I personally don't use a social killing cell phone. Talk about the cheese has slipped off the cracker.
Oh Boy!

Paul Haszlauer
C/SA 7019
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote