HOME FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #41
James Perrone
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND N.Y.
Posts: 1,261
Likes: 1,136
Liked 773 Times in 164 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Please don’t bring up the supposed PRO drivers that win a lot
This is about the new technology that is available msd grid race pak
New car etc..
When the new car s came out they were nice cars that weren’t so deadly constant.
Now these car print time slips ...like a computer. 😂
__________________
james perrone 1290 STK
James Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:47 PM   #42
GTS340
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 226
Likes: 26
Liked 237 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Very few of "those pro Drivers" Build cars anymore if ever these days. Lost art! Let me see them build a new car 2010 and above. Whip out the pipe bending and the tig welder. Hold the wheel tight!
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:33 AM   #43
e vassar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 131
Likes: 1
Liked 54 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

We can settle this right now. I have a BS3 in my car, I will pay a thousand dollars to anyone who can tune it to "print time slips" with my foot on the floor out the back door. ... cause my driving aint getting it done!...but seriously, I can see the logic for cheating in big money bracket racing To risk it to win stk and a Wally at a divisional or even national event? ...really?
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:32 AM   #44
Billy Nees
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: On a hilltop in Pa.
Posts: 3,099
Likes: 1,012
Liked 2,830 Times in 682 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
I can see the logic for cheating in big money bracket racing To risk it to win stk and a Wally at a divisional or even national event?
Ego.......................
__________________
Billy Nees 1188 STK
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #45
CJ McDonald 9564
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Likes: 10
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

I have a close friend that purchased a stocker and the previous owner had left a delay box hidden behind a panel. Not calling any names. Just saying that it’s happening.
__________________
———————
CJ McDonald
K/SA 2564
CJ McDonald 9564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #46
Billy Nees
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: On a hilltop in Pa.
Posts: 3,099
Likes: 1,012
Liked 2,830 Times in 682 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
I can see the logic for cheating in big money bracket racing To risk it to win stk and a Wally at a divisional or even national event?
Ya know, I feel like I have to add to my previous answer to this.
The vast majority of S/SS Racers in this day-and-age don't build their own stuff nor do they have any financial stake in the chassis and engine shops that are building their stuff so you're not doing this to further your own business interests. You can count on one hand the number of S/SS Racers who are actually still trying to make a living by S/SS Racing.
I have a bunch (not a whole bunch)of Wallys in a few different sizes and they finally got stuck in a closet because my "Sweetie" got tired of dusting them and I can't figure out how to cook and eat them.
When you go to an event, the first thing that you see is the number of motor homes and coaches in the pits(that don't come cheap) towing all different sizes and shapes of trailers (some of which don't come cheap) that are carrying anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 racecars (most of which don't come cheap) all for a winners purse of less than $2,000!
Now if you're doing it for family time together then I think it's great. If you're doing it because you've retired and you want to see the country, go for it! It's a big, beautiful country out there. Unless there's one or two reasons that I've missed then you're doing this to feed your ego.
__________________
Billy Nees 1188 STK
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #47
Eric Merryfield
Senior Member
 
Eric Merryfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 748
Likes: 0
Liked 222 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ McDonald 9564 View Post
I have a close friend that purchased a stocker and the previous owner had left a delay box hidden behind a panel. Not calling any names. Just saying that it’s happening.
I'm learning new stuff every day. I was under the impression that a delay box worked off a tranbrake, getting it to work consistently off a brake petal or a clutch petal would be an impressive feat. More trouble than its worth, just get better at the tree!

Back to the Addendum, I'm seeing it be a Tech Question, do you have a driveshaft sensor? Yes, you get a star next to your name for time slip analysis, and further inspection if warranted, no big deal.

This will be a 95% EFI thing

How they administer the new "E" Tear down procedure could cause some drama.....

How do we best date code, pull, and prove the tune that is currently on the ECU in the car, is the same as when it went down the track.......Not sure, but that will be on the Racer....When legality is in doubt, your out.

I'm 100% for it, keep people honest, its why they don't allow driveshaft sensors at some of the big $ races.

Eric
__________________
Eric Merryfield 1883 STK
Eric Merryfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:31 AM   #48
e vassar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 131
Likes: 1
Liked 54 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, I feel like I have to add to my previous answer to this.
The vast majority of S/SS Racers in this day-and-age don't build their own stuff nor do they have any financial stake in the chassis and engine shops that are building their stuff so you're not doing this to further your own business interests. You can count on one hand the number of S/SS Racers who are actually still trying to make a living by S/SS Racing.
I have a bunch (not a whole bunch)of Wallys in a few different sizes and they finally got stuck in a closet because my "Sweetie" got tired of dusting them and I can't figure out how to cook and eat them.
When you go to an event, the first thing that you see is the number of motor homes and coaches in the pits(that don't come cheap) towing all different sizes and shapes of trailers (some of which don't come cheap) that are carrying anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 racecars (most of which don't come cheap) all for a winners purse of less than $2,000!
Now if you're doing it for family time together then I think it's great. If you're doing it because you've retired and you want to see the country, go for it! It's a big, beautiful country out there. Unless there's one or two reasons that I've missed then you're doing this to feed your ego.
Ego: (noun) An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
Your consciousness of your own identity.

Personally I cant think of too many things that would feed my ego more than holding the Wally at the end of day. Unless I had to somehow cheat to do it. Then it would be meaningless.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:51 AM   #49
Kent Pascoe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
I'm learning new stuff every day. I was under the impression that a delay box worked off a tranbrake, getting it to work consistently off a brake petal or a clutch petal would be an impressive feat. More trouble than its worth, just get better at the tree!

Back to the Addendum, I'm seeing it be a Tech Question, do you have a driveshaft sensor? Yes, you get a star next to your name for time slip analysis, and further inspection if warranted, no big deal.

This will be a 95% EFI thing

How they administer the new "E" Tear down procedure could cause some drama.....

How do we best date code, pull, and prove the tune that is currently on the ECU in the car, is the same as when it went down the track.......Not sure, but that will be on the Racer....When legality is in doubt, your out.

I'm 100% for it, keep people honest, its why they don't allow driveshaft sensors at some of the big $ races.

Eric
A delay box can also be used to "delay" the low side two step on the hit, for those tracks that have marginal bite .
Kent Pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-23-2021, 11:13 AM   #50
Dave Gantz
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Verrry South Jersey
Posts: 401
Likes: 44
Liked 113 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

"Winners never cheat and cheaters never win."

Well, I guess that's out...
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger