Old 01-05-2023, 01:25 PM   #11
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
All tried, low car counts sad….
Keith, I for one really appreciate your input on the CR forum. Unfortunately, you have submitted an incorrect answer.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:41 PM   #12
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
Alex Denysenko had 187 Stock Eliminator cars line up for Round 1 in Byron.
The first one is always the best....
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:55 PM   #13
Paradigm Shift

Liked 80 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS
Alex Denysenko had 187 Stock Eliminator cars line up for Round 1 in Byron.

And it was 115°..... in the shade.
Paradigm Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:05 PM   #14
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Unhappy Re: Class Racer Nationals

I can say that Ken, Tim & staff took this event to a bigger level than could be imagined or I ever did. They killed it with the sponsors and made everyone feel at home and felt like they left with something in the end which is what we all want in the end to feel appreciated. Ken & I spoke a little after I won the Numidia LODRS race about the future of the event and adding the .90 cars as a filler. We were hoping to try to grab a weekend before the Lucas Race at Numidia to make it like a Sportsnats where the CR Nats were Sat & Sun, then that led into the LODRS / Open week but, it's July 4th weekend where everyone could leave their stuff at the track and make it a week of fun. I know the weekend after Numidia is always the Columbus SN which gets 150 cars per class so that would be a tough drawl. Bob loves to go big for the 4th with fireworks, bracket races and sometimes jet cars....he does go all out for the racers on the 4th...its a cool race to go too.

I'm sure we can point fingers and we all have theories as to why it didn't work but, always seems like the 1st events are always a home run with car counts because everyone wants to be the first and maybe only person to say "I won the first CR Nationals" but, as they move along farther and farther it seems like it loses its luster no matter what you throw at it. Lee & Bryan tried it in 2011 and had a great car count, they teamed up with me in 2012 and the counts were cut in 1/2 and then in 2013 when they went PS Racing, I did it on my own and had to combine the two classes just to get a full field.

Either way, thanks Ken, Tim & Staff for all the hard work on this event, hopefully you might reconsider for 2024 but, if not it will go down in the history books like everyone else's efforts to bring a big $$$ stock/ss race that is for the racers.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:27 PM   #15
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys,

Many of you may be wondering about a Class Racer National for 2023. Unfortunately there will be no Class Racer Nationals for 2023. There are many reason for not having a race this year, but most of them could have been worked out.

The main reason for not having the race, low car count. Its hard to bring sponsors in when racers will not show up. How do I go to companies asking for money and product knowing most racer don't care about the smaller racing venues.

I learned a hard lesson putting on the Class Racer Nationals. As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". It did not matter how much money or product there was, racers want to run NHRA, its just that simple. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the rest. The only issue I have is when racers complain about NHRA and they way they are treated... but when options are out there, most are not interested.

I do want to thank the racers that supported the Class Racer Nationals for the last 3 season, it was a humbling experience to see you guys show up year after year, along with the many kind words... THANKS SO MUCH!
Unfortunately most guys and gals it’s NHRA race or nothing. A little good man over money….
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #16
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys,

Many of you may be wondering about a Class Racer National for 2023. Unfortunately there will be no Class Racer Nationals for 2023. There are many reason for not having a race this year, but most of them could have been worked out.

The main reason for not having the race, low car count. Its hard to bring sponsors in when racers will not show up. How do I go to companies asking for money and product knowing most racer don't care about the smaller racing venues.

I learned a hard lesson putting on the Class Racer Nationals. As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". It did not matter how much money or product there was, racers want to run NHRA, its just that simple. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the rest. The only issue I have is when racers complain about NHRA and they way they are treated... but when options are out there, most are not interested.

I do want to thank the racers that supported the Class Racer Nationals for the last 3 season, it was a humbling experience to see you guys show up year after year, along with the many kind words... THANKS SO MUCH!
Ken,
I wanted to make it to your races, just wasn't able to get to them...
I missed Alex's race.... made it to both of Michael's and Bo,Jason and Dave's and Tyler and Brian's... I try my best to support any of these types of races....
Thanks Ken for trying
Mike Taylor3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:14 PM   #17
mike natoli

Liked 52 Times in 16 Posts
Smile Re: Class Racer Nationals

Hi Ken,

As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". I say, "you can always salt their oats". Since saving South Mountain from being a sewage treatment plant, housing development, pig farm or whatever my efforts was to not see this KOOL 1/8 mile track go away, and just memories left. We have many Stock and Super Stock cars that visit and test. One of my dreams is to run a Stock Super Stock, Nostalgia SS SPRING THAW race. I was bracket racing many years ago @ E Town and you guys put on a race that was amazing. Let me know I have a date set aside to welcome you racers. Give me a call or if someone is interested in helping put on a race @ the Mountain. I already have a few racers interested rom the South Central Pa area and Long Island. Hope to hear from you or some folks soon. Thank You,
Mountain Mike Natoli 347-522-6466

Last edited by mike natoli; 01-05-2023 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Typos
mike natoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 06:44 PM   #18
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Ken, thanks for all of the hard work that you put in to the Class Racer Nationals the past 2 years. I had a great time at both events; it's a shame that there won't be a CRN this year, but I completely understand.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:02 PM   #19
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Keith, I for one really appreciate your input on the CR forum. Unfortunately, you have submitted an incorrect answer.
Thanks, and sorry it was just a guess, I think what Alex accomplished was down right amazing. Care to answer your quiz now?
I am sorry to see Ken’s efforts not working out. Rob keister does a lot on the .90 side and I have unfortunately seen the same things happen to his big promotions as well, I even wore the events big decal on the car and walked up and down the lanes handing out flyers at all the IHRA races to try to get them to show. Again, my apologies and sorry to here this not happening
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:55 PM   #20
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

It truly is sad that these races either get no support, or the support dies off after 1-2 events.

I'd really like to know why they're not supported. It would be interesting to see the reasons from the people who don't go. Maybe we could figure out how to change things. I mean, why can't we have the Stock and Super Stock equivalent of a "spring fling" in 3-4 regions every year? Is a "Wally" really the only thing that matters to that many of you?

We've been parked for an extended period of time. We don't even really live in the same state right now. It's actually the home track races, and races like Ken's that interest us the most, and where we intend to go if we are able to return this year. The distance and the economy are just huge for us, it's kept us from racing. I'll be brutally honest, having a potentially fatal disease and hopefully beating it is the biggest reason that I am pushing for us to return. And, honestly, from a financial standpoint, for two guys approaching retirement, coming back at all is probably as stupid a move as there is, financially. But I'd like to live a little.