Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-05-2023, 08:25 AM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,135 Times in 1,236 Posts
Default Class Racer Nationals

Hey guys,

Many of you may be wondering about a Class Racer National for 2023. Unfortunately there will be no Class Racer Nationals for 2023. There are many reason for not having a race this year, but most of them could have been worked out.

The main reason for not having the race, low car count. Its hard to bring sponsors in when racers will not show up. How do I go to companies asking for money and product knowing most racer don't care about the smaller racing venues.

I learned a hard lesson putting on the Class Racer Nationals. As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". It did not matter how much money or product there was, racers want to run NHRA, its just that simple. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the rest. The only issue I have is when racers complain about NHRA and they way they are treated... but when options are out there, most are not interested.

I do want to thank the racers that supported the Class Racer Nationals for the last 3 season, it was a humbling experience to see you guys show up year after year, along with the many kind words... THANKS SO MUCH!
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals

Sad to see Ken. But understandable.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:09 AM   #3
richie 2

Liked 157 Times in 73 Posts

thankyou ken for all your efforts.
richie 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:53 AM   #4
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts

Sad news. I hope you bring it back one day Ken as it's a bucket list race for us but I completely understand. I have wanted to attend in past years but timing and the tow from South Florida just made it impossible. Retirement in 12 months and towing from NC??? Now we are talking!!

I agree with all your points. I was shocked that the Butner/Line/Connely race wasn't attended better. Same with the Bohannon race. It still shocks me how many S/SS guys load up and leave a LODRS race Sunday morning when there is a Natty Open race going on. Fickle bunch we are!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:34 PM   #5
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Class Racer Nationals

Ken, even a dead horse deserves a break, so I will just say this; I'm proud to say that I was there last year, and I hope that we may see something similar offered sometime down the road(or up the mountain).
It was a blast - Thank you for making some history for class racing!!
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:57 PM   #6
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

The late Alex Denysenko, Michael Beard, James ‘Bo’ Butner,Jason Line, Dave Connolly, and now Kenny Miele. Anyone care to tell me what these 6 long time racers have in common?

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 01-05-2023 at 01:01 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:08 PM   #7
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
The late Alex Denysenko, Michael Beard, James ‘Bo’ Butner,Jason Line, Dave Connolly, and now Kenny Miele. Anyone care to tell me what these 6 long time racers have in common?
All tried, low car counts sad….
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-05-2023, 01:10 PM   #8
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Alex Denysenko had 187 Stock Eliminator cars line up for Round 1 in Byron.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #9
rboyle

Liked 554 Times in 156 Posts

Thank you for your efforts. Sorry I missed the last 2 years some for health some for scheduling issues. It looked like you ran a great program.
Unfortunately it looks like most of these races are under attended. Butner's, Bohanon's and now yours all had car count issues.
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #10
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys,

Many of you may be wondering about a Class Racer National for 2023. Unfortunately there will be no Class Racer Nationals for 2023. There are many reason for not having a race this year, but most of them could have been worked out.

The main reason for not having the race, low car count. Its hard to bring sponsors in when racers will not show up. How do I go to companies asking for money and product knowing most racer don't care about the smaller racing venues.

I learned a hard lesson putting on the Class Racer Nationals. As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". It did not matter how much money or product there was, racers want to run NHRA, its just that simple. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the rest. The only issue I have is when racers complain about NHRA and they way they are treated... but when options are out there, most are not interested.

I do want to thank the racers that supported the Class Racer Nationals for the last 3 season, it was a humbling experience to see you guys show up year after year, along with the many kind words... THANKS SO MUCH!
Ken, give me a call when you have time to talk 910-591-6188.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote