HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2023, 01:54 PM   #11
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: Beware of Scammers

I have had good luck with most on this site. I only got screwed by one on a purchase here. I got the part but it was missing items to be able to use it. I contacted the seller and told him what was missing but he never made good on it. I just chalked it up to the guy was an ***. He has been at a few races that I as at but I just let it go.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:37 PM   #12
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

If you need a good laugh, watch this computer guy turn the tables on these phone scammers, who prey on vulnerable people. He accesses their computers, deletes their call lists etc. Couldn`t happen to nicer people. i updated the video... check this one (Foul language alert)

Last edited by Mike Jones; 05-26-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 04:24 PM   #13
Chuck Stubeck

Liked 58 Times in 12 Posts

I had the same issue with a WTB post. The reply was in incomplete sentences. I got pic of part of what I wanted. Then the price was so low you knew it was a scam. I posted that I had found the part. A week later I get a reply from someone identifying himself as a racer. He referred me to another person, This persons replies were vague. I asked for photos of the part. Never heard another word.
Chuck Stubeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 01:34 PM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I had another potential scammer contact me about my cylinder head post. When I asked the guy to send me a couple of pictures he sent me my own picture that I had posted on a Facebook ad that I had posted lol. This guy had literally lifted my picture from a Google search I suppose. I told him that was my golf cart in the background he said no it's not. Couple hours go by he sends me another message asking do I still want them lol!
Old 05-24-2023, 04:33 PM   #15
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I had another potential scammer contact me about my cylinder head post. When I asked the guy to send me a couple of pictures he sent me my own picture that I had posted on a Facebook ad that I had posted lol. This guy had literally lifted my picture from a Google search I suppose. I told him that was my golf cart in the background he said no it's not. Couple hours go by he sends me another message asking do I still want them lol!

you can not fix stupid. this was not selling. i found one of my rental properties that was empty on Craigslist. i met with the woman and she said that she forgot the keys at her house, when i took out my keys and opened up the door she ran to her car and disappeared. i put a sign in the window, that this was for rent and only i could show it with a complete tuor of the rental
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote