HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2023, 12:19 PM   #11
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: CCRA Crew Chief Spotlight

CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association Crew Chief Spotlight

We're going to take a short drive up I-95 South to Pembroke, NC; home of Ms. Linda Faye Hunt. She is 71 years young (I hope I look as great at 71 as Ms. Linda does) & has been crew chief for Dell Gene Britt for 12 years now. I think she made the comment at zMAX DRAGWAY last weekend that Dell was initially only supposed to get 5 years of her time but here they are now at year 12 & not appearing to be slowing down anything soon 😉. She got involved in racing at her home town track 710 Dragway. Ms. Linda says that her favorite track is the beautiful Bristol Dragway. She is still waiting for him to get a win in NHRA- NHRA Southeast Division 2 Stock Eliminator but when everything finally falls into place for Dell, I'm sure it will be a huge celebration! Some of her duties as crew chief for Dell include helping with the dial-in, parking the car, & sitting around waiting for a win! Her least favorite job as crew chief is listening to his complaining which goes hand & hand with Dell's biggest complaint as a driver, when the car doesn't do what he thought it would do. Linda's funny racing story comes from an NHRA Southeast Division 2 race at Orlando Speed World Dragway. For those that has never been there, it is surrounded by animals on the pit side back row & entrance road. Dell thought a donkey could give him advise & make him like the track. Oh my, I've got to hear more details of this story when I see Dell & Linda at the track next!

Dell & Linda races NHRA Southeast Division 2 races, some NHRA national events as well as all CCRA-Carolina Class Racers Association races. Dell aka Spanky is involved in other hobbies other than drag racing to keep him busy on the off weekends from the track. They are involved in tractor pulling & Dell is also a phenomenal cook. Dell will probably be in competition this weekend at Mooresville Dragway for the NHRA Southeast Division 2 race if weather holds out. We look forward to having Dell & Ms. Linda back with us in June for our "now" season opener at KDS Motorsports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lh1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	67185  
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote