HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #1

Liked 529 Times in 116 Posts
Default Class format at Indy

While we are talking about Class at Indy does anyone besides me think that last years format of running the fastest two cars after the first qualifying run for the Class trophy is not the way it should be done. I would like to see Class eliminations return to the format we have used for years where all cars in a class race to a winner. Indy is the pinnacle of the year, the highlight for most of us. NHRA PLEASE put the luster back on Indy for Stock and Super Stock! Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Default Re: Class format at Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4543 View Post
While we are talking about Class at Indy does anyone besides me think that last years format of running the fastest two cars after the first qualifying run for the Class trophy is not the way it should be done. I would like to see Class eliminations return to the format we have used for years where all cars in a class race to a winner. Indy is the pinnacle of the year, the highlight for most of us. NHRA PLEASE put the luster back on Indy for Stock and Super Stock! Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
Mike, last year Indy was a 4 day race (Thursday-Sunday). The compressed schedule led to last year's format for class. This year Indy is a 5 day race (Wednesday-Sunday). With Indy starting on its traditional Wednesday, I am hoping that we will return to normal class eliminations with Stock class on Thursday and Super Stock class on Friday. All we can do is hope that NHRA does the right thing.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Mike, last year Indy was a 4 day race (Thursday-Sunday). The compressed schedule led to last year's format for class. This year Indy is a 5 day race (Wednesday-Sunday). With Indy starting on its traditional Wednesday, I am hoping that we will return to normal class eliminations with Stock class on Thursday and Super Stock class on Friday. All we can do is hope that NHRA does the right thing.
LOL..............Don't hold your breath !
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
a pontiac

Liked 35 Times in 10 Posts

Don’t forget the Jegs allstars was moved to Indy last year. With those tear downs and track time plus super street added to program, less days scheduled, that’s where stk/ss class eliminations went. Just my opinion the Jegs needs to be in Columbus, move super street too. Maybe then we get class eliminations.
a pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Class format at Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a pontiac View Post
Don’t forget the Jegs allstars was moved to Indy last year. With those tear downs and track time plus super street added to program, less days scheduled, that’s where stk/ss class eliminations went. Just my opinion the Jegs needs to be in Columbus, move super street too. Maybe then we get class eliminations.
The Jegs Allstars will be at Indy again this year; but with the traditional Wednesday start, class eliminations should be able to be contested.
Liked