HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 03-25-2021, 12:09 AM   #1
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts
Default Gun carry

The 9th Circuit ruled today that states CAN restrict people from carrying firearms outside their homes.

Well, the most liberal circuit made a ruling that should end up in the Supreme Court.

Do you think that the liberals are "Poking the bear"....I do....
Old 03-25-2021, 12:13 AM   #2
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default Re: Gun carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
The 9th Circuit ruled today that states CAN restrict people from carrying firearms outside their homes.

Well, the most liberal circuit made a ruling that should end up in the Supreme Court.

Do you think that the liberals are "Poking the bear"....I do....
The 9th jerkit court of schlemiels is the most overturned court in the country..I wouldn't worry too much yet..
Old 03-25-2021, 12:17 AM   #3
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

I can't help but think forward and what is likely to happen. It absolutely could not be good....for everyone!!!!
Old 03-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #4
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Here is the rest of the story: https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/03/9t...y-of-firearms/
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

I don't have any guns, but have shot them on occasion during my life.

I have many friends that have several guns and carry a gun when they are out in public.

No matter what the courts say, I believe that a person has the right to own and carry a gun, if they want to.

The problem IS NOT the guns.

Last edited by Carguy49; 03-25-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

Such is the way of life in the okkupied republik of n.j..If you need to protect your home, better use roll bar padding, the soft stuff. Last year komrade murphy banned the USCCA from doing business in this state.
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #7
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Interesting read. The 9th court cites historical references from up to 700 years ago that limited weapons in public. None of those societies were established under our constitution yet used as arguments for their decision. No where did the article state why he was denied other than sheriff discretion. The decision is not based on OUR constitution's 2nd amendment but instead on their assine agenda.

Iowa was a sheriff discretion state when I got my carry permit many years ago. A few years back the legislature amended it to Shall Issue if the applicant passed the background check.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:50 AM   #8
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Interesting read. The 9th court cites historical references from up to 700 years ago that limited weapons in public. None of those societies were established under our constitution yet used as arguments for their decision. No where did the article state why he was denied other than sheriff discretion. The decision is not based on OUR constitution's 2nd amendment but instead on their assine agenda.

Iowa was a sheriff discretion state when I got my carry permit many years ago. A few years back the legislature amended it to Shall Issue if the applicant passed the background check.

Law is based on thousands of years of pragmatic experience telling us what's practical to administer and desirable for fairness are made by humans, and so the reasons behind them vary. Some laws are passed by bad people for bad reasons, as when a town councillor proposes a new zoning by-law that will help his brother’s business but that will generally be bad for other businesses. But ideally, laws should be based on ethics. Good laws are generally intended to do ethically good things, such as protecting individuals, safeguarding rights, or promoting the flourishing of communities. I can’t speak to what is in the mind of the law enforcement in Hawaii, I lived there for three years but not as a resident and never voted in state election but I will say this, the culture is different and I am not saying that in a good or bad way.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #9
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Law is based on thousands of years of pragmatic experience telling us what's practical to administer and desirable for fairness are made by humans, and so the reasons behind them vary. Some laws are passed by bad people for bad reasons, as when a town councillor proposes a new zoning by-law that will help his brother’s business but that will generally be bad for other businesses. But ideally, laws should be based on ethics. Good laws are generally intended to do ethically good things, such as protecting individuals, safeguarding rights, or promoting the flourishing of communities. I can’t speak to what is in the mind of the law enforcement in Hawaii, I lived there for three years but not as a resident and never voted in state election but I will say this, the culture is different and I am not saying that in a good or bad way.
Excellent point Ed. The U.S. constitution was crafted to right the inequities that permeated through out the world for centuries. The 2nd amendment is unique to this country and has served us well. IT IS BASED ON CENTURIES OF PRAGMATIC EXPERIENCE AND OPPRESSION!!!

No one is invading the northern Mexican border to go through Mexico to get to Venezuela or any of the central/south american countries. Lenin was all for guns to over throw the czar then took them from everyone but his security force. Remember Germany pre WWII? Hitler?

Mental illness/religion beliefs have been behind most all the shootings in recent history. Dems/liberals say anyone who speaks out against their ideas are a threat and need to be silenced. Remember those in congress who questioned 2020 election? Get a liberal mental health "professional" to sign them off as a threat based on what they call "hate" speech (opposition to them) and wha la...good bye firearms. They won't touch radical mideast jihadists though.

Bottom line. Who gets to decide...Pelosi, harris, liberal justices?
Old 03-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #10
L.Fite

Liked 352 Times in 176 Posts

Funny thing...
Those 700 year old laws were written by kings and oppressors that were under constant threat of revolt...
That's how our country (U.S.A.) came to be, one of England's many civil wars...
(They call it sedition today)
Hence the reason for the laws, to control the oppressed...
Our Constitution was written in an attempt to right those oppressions...
Remember 700 years ago most of Europe was kings and slaves, (indentured or not, slaves none the less)
You got what the king would let you have, nothing more...
And sometimes less...
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote