HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #431
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

was there some information posted here about a Dart that had been purchased with damage from a garage fire? i thought i had read about a garage fire damaged Dart somewhere.

i saw "That Dart" at a Mopar show at Mason-Dixon in the mid-90's. it was just in the show area and did not make any passes down the track. the guy who was there with the car said he was the original owner. we talked for awhile and he was showing me all kinds of things on the car and seemed to like that i had an interest in it.

Dave
davezinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #432
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
So what happened here, anything?
Here's the latest update on my car. Spoke with Paul Pittman in regards to him painting the car for Lou Vignonia back in the early 80's. He emailed me a couple photos of it, in pre-paint condition, but unfortunately the car is stripped to bare metal, so there are no traces of it's previous paint scheme prior to 1980. There is a red Lakewood 3 point bolt in roll bar that can be seen installed in it tho, with a fire extiguisher bolted to the rear bar. Paul does remember (sorta) that it was painted silver with a red inlay down it's sides. Jimmi Vignonia (Lou's son) has told me he has pictures of my car when his dad purchased it in the late 70's, but has not had the time to search for them. Jimmi is THE key to finding the next chapter to this car, so I am waiting (patiently) for this to happen.
I spoke with John Olorie from Olorie Crane a few weeks back because of a lead from this forum. He told me he never owned any Super Stock Hemi Darts. He had a 67 GT Fairlane that he pulled the 390 out of & installed a 427, but he's never owned any Mopars.
So, there you have it, I'm still stuck with history previous to 1980.
At least, with all the help from you guys keeping this thread alive, there is still a chance of me finding my cars background. I'll keep plugging along. Every lead is worthwhile, no matter how small you might think it is.
Thanx
Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #433
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
Last I knew John Friel was getting the Dart ready to return to the SS/AA wars. think the effort was sidetracked and not sure what the status is now. I spoke with John at the U.S. Nats a few years ago. Talking to David Barton he said all they have to do is put the engine together??
Paul, I havent figured out how to post photos on this site yet - I will try later
Mark J
68hemiss,

I'm glad to know that now--thanks, and I can't wait to see it in action again...I guess I'll have to plop the video tape in the player and enjoy the footage again while I wait for his return with that awesome car! About the only other car/pass I enjoyed nearly as much, was the profile shot taken at a nearly 7o'clock angle of the SS/BA Savoy of "Steve Bagwell" (from a national event in Commerce, Ga...also on that same video, along with a test session run, he had that went from burnout to the finish line!), which was another awesome run to enjoy!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #434
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
Interesting, so one person remembers the Hemi Dart as being Red with Silver inlays (Jimmi) and another remembers the Hemi Dart being Silver with Red inlays (Paul) by going by old memories it looks like they have their colors mixed up. This leads me to my next question then, have you ever checked to see if it might be the old "Cookie Duster" Hemi Dart, or a Hemi Dart called "Wild Fire", or have these cars been accounted for already, does anyone else here remember these cars. Here's a recent ad of an old photo of one of them painted in simular colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drag-Racing-Phot...item2eaecaaefc
Hemi Moose
The Cookie Duster was campaigned as a 4 spd. car. My car has never had a 4 spd. in it. There are some similarities in the Wild Fire car,. This is the next direction I am going with the help of Mark Janaky & Jimi Vignonia. We'll see where this leads.

Paul C.
Any input here????

Liteweight
Daryl
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #435
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Daryl,
More mysteries!!!
The A/MP Hemi Dart that won Modified Production Eliminator at the
70' NHRA Winternationals, was that the 4-speed car, with a 69' grille.

Also, Dick won SS/E at the 70' NHRA Winternationals with the
69' Hemi Charger R/T, 11.15 @ 120.00. That car was campaigned as a
SS/F car in 1969. During the 70' season he campaigned it as a B/MP
car.
In March of 70', he got another Hemi Charger R/T (automatic) and ran it in SS/EA.
Charger History.
1968 Hemi Charger R/T (ran SS/D in 1968,,,ran B/MP in 1969)
1969 Hemi Charger R/T (ran SS/F in 1969)
1969 Hemi Charger R/T (ran in SS/E in 1970 and B/MP)
1970 Hemi Charger R/T (ran SS/EA in 1970)

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 07-02-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #436
Liteweight
VIP Member

Paul
Yes it was fitted with 69 trim for the 70 Winternats.

I've been in contact with Jimmi Vignonia, & he gave me a lead to try. I am looking for a Billy Bellafato out of the Portchester NY area. He used to do alot of race Torque Flites for guys in the NY, CT, NJ area. Anyone have some contact info on him???

Mark Janaky also gave me a lead to try. This guys name is Jack Schneider out of Canton Ohio area. Supposidly he was the second owner of the "Wildfire" Hemi Dart. There seems to be some similarity between this car & mine. Any info on Jack would be greatly appreciated also.
Thanx
Liteweight
Daryl
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #437
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

GT-1
I think Mark would have all that info.
I think when the BO-29 Cuda's were first built, I think there was
a limited amount of Dana rears available. Thats why only a handful of
4-speed cars came out. And of those limited cars, the majority went to
selected factory-sponsored teams
Also, some issue with the fiberglass fenders, and front-end steering with the modifications to the control arm.
pc
Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #438
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Original hemi dart information

Hi Daryl, Did you ask Steve O'Neill? Also, not to hi-jack, but Daryl, Paul and others: Orange, Ma Dragstrip Reunion coming up on Sept. 11.... S. O'Neill will be there w/ '65 A990 Hemi Coronet "Flintstone Charger" former Gene O'Neill car and a Willys or 2....Lots of early stuff should be there....NHRA sanctioned track in 1955---one of the originals....Have a great wknd...... PS..... Paul, make sure you bring your 'chute......they are still jumping out of planes there....... Warren Lederer. WJ

Last edited by W J; 08-20-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: add.....
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #439
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

WJ,
I will be packing a parachute.
Approximate drop off height 10,000 feet.
I will pack my own chute, plus (3) back-ups.
Must have a guaranteed landing.
Still missing in action
Hemi Dart SS/BA 'Deb's Automotive', Springfield, Mass.
Maybe someone will know what happened to the car.
It ran at Orange in 68'
Or someone from Hampden might have info on it.

Another missing Dart. Mary Ann Foss 'Go Hummer II'
Where did that car go?
paul
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #440
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Isnt Mary ann nitrojoes mom he does the racing stats he would know where the car went.