Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #91
Superpro

Liked 91 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: Maxine Waters Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Nearhoof View Post
Hey our politics don't align But there's no doubt we hit the lottery when we born in North America
Agreed! Your political leanings are ok with me I have no qualms about that. Up here we have three major political parties and a few fringe and geographical ones. A good chunk of us do not have set political leanings and usually make our voting decisions based on what promises are being offered at the time. The leader of the political party that wins the popular vote becomes the Prime Minister and he and his fellow members become the governing concern for the next 4 years. A certain number of seats must be won by that party to win majority power. If not, they form a minority government. That is it in the simplest terms but this party diversity gives rise very much to the people leaning towards a party agenda and a little less on party ideals. This tends to lead us criticize the government notwithstanding who holds the power. You will see passion prevail but not necessarily dissension for who you vote for.

At a close glance Americans and Canadians are one in the same, separated by an imaginery line. We eat the same food, drive the same cars, watch the same networks and at times follow the same politics. I love my home, but love to visit yours!
Superpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #92
Burton

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
Agreed! Your political leanings are ok with me I have no qualms about that. Up here we have three major political parties and a few fringe and geographical ones. A good chunk of us do not have set political leanings and usually make our voting decisions based on what promises are being offered at the time. The leader of the political party that wins the popular vote becomes the Prime Minister and he and his fellow members become the governing concern for the next 4 years. A certain number of seats must be won by that party to win majority power. If not, they form a minority government. That is it in the simplest terms but this party diversity gives rise very much to the people leaning towards a party agenda and a little less on party ideals. This tends to lead us criticize the government notwithstanding who holds the power. You will see passion prevail but not necessarily dissension for who you vote for.

At a close glance Americans and Canadians are one in the same, separated by an imaginery line. We eat the same food, drive the same cars, watch the same networks and at times follow the same politics. I love my home, but love to visit yours!
As a matter of fact, America and Canada were colonized at about the same time, with the only difference that Canada was colonized mainly by the French, who historically had a confrontation with England. That is why there is still some kind of rivalry, although in my opinion, this is an outdated position for a long time, people should be more loyal to each other.
Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #93
Superpro

Liked 91 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
As a matter of fact, America and Canada were colonized at about the same time, with the only difference that Canada was colonized mainly by the French, who historically had a confrontation with England. That is why there is still some kind of rivalry, although in my opinion, this is an outdated position for a long time, people should be more loyal to each other.
Yes, and that confrontation gave rise to Acadia ceding to the English in 1713. They were welcomed and settled in Louisiana and became what is known now as Cajuns. Being French Canadian myself, I find it amazing how much I can understand certain French derivations and words in the Cajun dialect. Mardis Gras is in my bucket once Covid is done with.

Last edited by Superpro; 04-26-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Superpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #94
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
The 1st Amendment is clear on peaceful protests and I have been in a few, Vietnam War protects until they started over turning cop cars and attempting to burn the ROTC building...I was out. I think the rules of engagement have changed since Kent State for the Guard. That little Jan 6th incident would have been more interesting if the Guard has surround the Capital, then tighten the perimeter then go after them with CS, CN, night sticks snd water canon.
Interesting it was.The "violence" jan 6th was nothing compared to what went on across our country in 2020. The only person killed was a veteran shot by the federal government.

Tighten the perimeter than go after them would have been a good strategy for the peaceful rioting looting criminals destroying our cities.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #95
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
After killing 9 people and a 16 hour chase, Charleston shooting suspect Dylann Storm Roof got a free meal from police on his way to jail. They went to Burger King....privilege?
It is fivoulous and irrelevant that he got a burger. That he was allowed to purchase firearms is relevent. His initial application was put on hold by the ATF for further investigation. BY LAW the ATF/FBI have 3 days from the inital application to deny the purchase. The firearm dealer did NOT recieve a denial from the ATF within 3 days and by law is required to make the sale. This sad and tragic incident was preventable if not for another failure of the federal government.

Will more gun control laws make a difference when the existing ones are ignored???
Old 04-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #96
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Interesting it was.The "violence" jan 6th was nothing compared to what went on across our country in 2020. The only person killed was a veteran shot by the federal government.

Tighten the perimeter than go after them would have been a good strategy for the peaceful rioting looting criminals destroying our cities.
I believe in what the Constitution lays out in the 1st Amendment, the right to a peaceful protest. That said, no one has the right to destroy private or public property. The protestors in each case wrong.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote