Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #41
Robert McCoy

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: U,s, nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
Why even bother having class at Indy then?
Exactly........If NHRA is making Some effort to have class, why do it like this, a 20% solution IMO. Maybe 10%. Time constraints and $$ one would guess.
Robert McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #42
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert McCoy View Post
When they answered me on the Live Video one has to guess Phil did not have all the details. Phil is a pretty straight up guy in my experience, so he answered the best that he could at the time.
But Phil did have the scheduled number of days that would be contested at Indy along with the info about the extra categories such as the Allstars. I don't see how someone on the inside couldn't calculate what we could see from the outside that there weren't enough hours in the day or days in the event to run the traditional class eliminations at Indy. That is simple logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert McCoy View Post
Exactly........If NHRA is making Some effort to have class, why do it like this, a 20% solution IMO. Maybe 10%. Time constraints and $$ one would guess.
If the NHRA wanted a solution that showed some effort would be to do all the class eliminations and qualifying for Stock/Super Stock on Wednesday and start parking as early as Monday. That has zero impact on the Pros if they get held over from the week before at Atlanta. Any Stock or Super Stock racers that are that late into eliminations at Atlanta are probably happy as I would be and the drive to Indy wouldn't be all that bad as a rush.

Sorry for the multiple quotes, but you hit on two points that I feel the NHRA laid down and gave a lame solution.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #43
Robert McCoy

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
But Phil did have the scheduled number of days that would be contested at Indy along with the info about the extra categories such as the Allstars. I don't see how someone on the inside couldn't calculate what we could see from the outside that there weren't enough hours in the day or days in the event to run the traditional class eliminations at Indy. That is simple logic.

If the NHRA wanted a solution that showed some effort would be to do all the class eliminations and qualifying for Stock/Super Stock on Wednesday and start parking as early as Monday. That has zero impact on the Pros if they get held over from the week before at Atlanta. Any Stock or Super Stock racers that are that late into eliminations at Atlanta are probably happy as I would be and the drive to Indy wouldn't be all that bad as a rush.

Sorry for the multiple quotes, but you hit on two points that I feel the NHRA laid down and gave a lame solution.
Kyle those are the best points so far. I think once Phil answered that in that way, i wondered.....well if nobody goes to the Barn maybe they will try to squeeze Class in somehow. Guess i`m just Pining for some Real racing lol.
Robert McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #44
JHeath

Liked 370 Times in 102 Posts

Will there be stock, and super stock teardowns for those fastest in class winners ?
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #45
354valiant

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Anybody remember the Class Nationals @ Byorn Dragway in 2001? I believe it was a 3 day event with Class for Stk/SS & 2 days of Racing for Stk/SS with additional gamblers races too... Not a Bad idea for the Class Racing Community to determine the best Stk/SS in the country this year, Maybe reach out to Byorn Dragway (Midwest location for both Coasts) to consider it for this year...
Old 06-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #46
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 354valiant View Post
Anybody remember the Class Nationals @ Byorn Dragway in 2001? I believe it was a 3 day event with Class for Stk/SS & 2 days of Racing for Stk/SS with additional gamblers races too... Not a Bad idea for the Class Racing Community to determine the best Stk/SS in the country this year, Maybe reach out to Byorn Dragway (Midwest location for both Coasts) to consider it for this year...
Great idea except for a few problems that now exist. Namely both Alex Denysenko and Ron Leek have passed on. The 2001 Class Nationals at Byron Dragway would not have happened without their guidance and leadership. Secondly, Byron is in Illinois. I don't believe that the Governor will allow any kind of motorsport activities in 2020 until a cure for Covid 19 has been addressed. Joliet closed down for this reason. Ultimately it would be great if Bill Bader, Jr. would promote the event at Norwalk for 2021.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #47
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,611 Times in 1,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINK View Post
Great idea except for a few problems that now exist. Namely both Alex Denysenko and Ron Leek have passed on. The 2001 Class Nationals at Byron Dragway would not have happened without their guidance and leadership. Secondly, Byron is in Illinois. I don't believe that the Governor will allow any kind of motorsport activities in 2020 until a cure for Covid 19 has been addressed. Joliet closed down for this reason. Ultimately it would be great if Bill Bader, Jr. would promote the event at Norwalk for 2021.
Great points Bill, Michael Beard did ALL he could to help the Stk/SS community BUT in the end there was not enough SUPPORT from us ! Thanks again MICHAEL !!!!....There won’t be any more of these races similar the the US Class Nationals UNLESS a promoter wants to work his AZZ off, schedule a race , listen to US gripe about time and location, work his AZZ off only to lose money when many of us don’t attend. Alex somehow made this happen, on the hottest weekend of the year in Byron, Illinois and it was MAGICAL....RIP my friend.....

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 06-07-2020 at 01:35 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #48
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Indy has always been a special race for me. Although I have missed several I try to make it every year. I'll be 65 this year and I decided a few years ago God willing that I would not to miss another one. I love all out Class Racing. And Indy brings out some of the best in all the classes. It's one of the few Pro and Sportsman National Event's that the Sportsman racers have a few days that we are important to the race. I would hope that someone from NHRA would post anywhere what is the reason why they have cut this from the race. Indy cost more to enter. Will the entrance be less this year? Please ad Wednesday back in and let us have Class for Stock and Super Stock. Barry Parker
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #49
BRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Indy has always been a special race for me. Although I have missed several I try to make it every year. I'll be 65 this year and I decided a few years ago God willing that I would not to miss another one. I love all out Class Racing. And Indy brings out some of the best in all the classes. It's one of the few Pro and Sportsman National Event's that the Sportsman racers have a few days that we are important to the race. I would hope that someone from NHRA would post anywhere what is the reason why they have cut this from the race. Indy cost more to enter. Will the entrance be less this year? Please ad Wednesday back in and let us have Class for Stock and Super Stock. Barry Parker
Well stated Barry. Park only Stock and Super Stock on Tuesday. Run Class for both all day Wednesday, into the evening if needed. It would be to NHRA's benefit, as they would achieve many more pre-- entries, at least 100-150 more than presently structured. Do the math, an additional five figures of revenue to their bottom line for the event. Keep INDY, INDY and make more profit for the House. A win-win as I see it. How about it, Glendora?
Old 06-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #50
BRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Great points Bill, Michael Beard did ALL he could to help the Stk/SS community BUT in the end there was not enough SUPPORT from us ! Thanks again MICHAEL !!!!....There won’t be any more of these races similar the the US Class Nationals UNLESS a promoter wants to work his AZZ off, schedule a race , listen to US gripe about time and location, work his AZZ off only to lose money when many of us don’t attend. Alex somehow made this happen, on the hottest weekend of the year in Byron, Illinois and it was MAGICAL....RIP my friend.....
Amen, M.J. Along those lines, Norwalk and Mr. Bader would be the only logical choices for this event. He's the 800 pound gorilla in the proverbial room that can make it happen. Mr. Bader, what do you say?