HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #21
SS/GSI

Liked 507 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: U,s, nationals

Guys, the reality of the situation is that STK & SS Class Run-offs, although loved by us and we all want them to take place, are not feasible given the current schedule. Not only has NHRA made a hard decision to chop off the Wednesday and Monday from the event, they have also added S/ST(since they cannot run in Chicago), All-Stars(since they cannot run in Chicago) and also, I believe, the ProMod Shootout from Sonoma? All we can hope and encourage NHRA to do this year, is award Class Victories/Wally's to the fastest qualified car in the class/combo. It is not a perfect situation; however still allows us to run our stuff hard and see where we are at in the pack. I have done the math, did not add in that oil downs and weather could be a factor, and the answer is that class runoffs cannot be attained. Please continue to talk your SRAC Representatives to encourage NHRA to have Class Wally's awarded to fastest cars in class.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #22
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

The reality is NHRA is notorious for trying to fill 10 gallons in a 5 gallon jug. With all the goings on in the world I will .be HAPPY to just race and see my buds...
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 PM   #23
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Guys, the reality of the situation is that STK & SS Class Run-offs, although loved by us and we all want them to take place, are not feasible given the current schedule. Not only has NHRA made a hard decision to chop off the Wednesday and Monday from the event, they have also added S/ST(since they cannot run in Chicago), All-Stars(since they cannot run in Chicago) and also, I believe, the ProMod Shootout from Sonoma? All we can hope and encourage NHRA to do this year, is award Class Victories/Wally's to the fastest qualified car in the class/combo. It is not a perfect situation; however still allows us to run our stuff hard and see where we are at in the pack. I have done the math, did not add in that oil downs and weather could be a factor, and the answer is that class runoffs cannot be attained. Please continue to talk your SRAC Representatives to encourage NHRA to have Class Wally's awarded to fastest cars in class.
I agree that there just isn't time for actual class eliminations when they eliminated two days and added categories like the All Stars, but I don't like setting the precedent of awarding class to the fastest qualifier. I realize this wouldn't be the first time it has happened, but that is generally due to weather or something that was an unanticipated change in the schedule.

Establishing that the class winner as the fastest qualifier completely removes the red light factor or driver impact on the race. We all know that the fastest car isn't a lock on winning class, but doing it this way takes a lot away from the honor of winning class in my opinion.

Last edited by KRatcliff; 06-04-2020 at 06:29 PM.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #24
SS/GSI

Liked 507 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
I agree that there just isn't time for actual class eliminations when they eliminated two days and added categories like the All Stars, but I don't like setting the precedent of awarding class to the fastest qualifier. I realize this wouldn't be the first time it has happened, but that is generally due to weather or something that was an unanticipated change in the schedule.

Establishing that the class winner as the fastest qualifier completely removes the red light factor or driver impact on the race. We all know that the fastest car isn't a lock on winning class, but doing it this way takes a lot away from the honor of winning class in my opinion.

I completely agree with your opinion; however if they do away with STK/SS "Class" all together, then the entry #'s for STK & SS will dramatically decrease. For this year and given the current situation/schedule, I believe its the best case scenario. IMHO
Old 06-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #25
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Well, it has been answered.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...860&zoneid=175

Super Stock and Stock Class Eliminations Notice
Due to the restructuring of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series for 2020, Stock and Super Stock Class Eliminations will not take place at the US Nationals. We will award the quickest car in each class (with more than 1 competitor) the Class Trophy. For those classes with single competitors, we will create the Combos and award the quickest competitor in each Combo the Class Trophy. Contingency Awards will be awarded as well.

Jeg’s Sportsnationals –

Class Eliminations will be held (weather/time permitting) at the Columbus Jeg’s Sportsnationals for Stock and Super Stock.

Class Eliminations will NOT be contested at the New England Jeg’s Sportsnationals event.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #26
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas stocker View Post
Brian and Phil on the youtube broadcast without a doubt said there would be class racing at Indy. Phil stated that some would rather win class at Indy than win a national event.
Pete
Uh, this didn’t last long.....LOL !!!!!!
Liked
Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #27
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts

"Class Eliminations will NOT be contested at the New England Jeg’s Sportsnationals event."

That stinks, really really stinks
Old 06-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #28
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

So much for cheap diesel. We will do our own hemi race in November.
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #29
JeremyDuncan

Liked 280 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Uh, this didn’t last long.....LOL !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas stocker View Post
Brian and Phil on the youtube broadcast without a doubt said there would be class racing at Indy. Phil stated that some would rather win class at Indy than win a national event.
Pete

Shows how out of touch NHRA & Burgess are thinking Fastest car in class is equivalent to racing and winning class at Indy!

They should at least pair them up by class for 2nd qualifier and give class win to fastest winning car.
JeremyDuncan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #30
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyduncan View Post
quote:
Originally posted by kansas stocker view post
brian and phil on the youtube broadcast without a doubt said there would be class racing at indy. Phil stated that some would rather win class at indy than win a national event.
Pete

shows how out of touch nhra & burgess are thinking fastest car in class is equivalent to racing and winning class at indy!

They should at least pair them up by class for 2nd qualifier and give class win to fastest winning car.
amen '!!!!!!