HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 05-27-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
66chevron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Autometer Tach Configuration Issue

I bought an older Autometer model 3967 playback tach from a gentlemen that used it on a 4 cylinder car. Trying to reconfigure it for a V8 and cannot get the 4 pulses per revolution to save. I press the record button to save the setting Per Autometer instructions but the tach always returns to the 4 cylinder setting. Anyone out there know of a possible different procedure other than what is published by Autometer?

And as aside, Autometer is not taking tech phone calls, not using their online chat feature, and have not answered my email.

Appreciate any help you guys could provide.
66chevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:31 PM   #2
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 919 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Autometer Tach Configuration Issue

I don`t know if it changed over the years or not, but I seem to recall my Autometer tachs came with some loops of wiring that you would leave for 8 cylinder applications, cut one color for 6 cylinders, and yet another for a 4.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

My instructions (Ultimate III) say to press enter to save the setting. Not sure if this applies to yours.

Last edited by bykr; 05-28-2020 at 10:51 AM.
bykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #4
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

if its a 5 inch playback tach "google" autometer playback installation instructions----look in the upper left corner of page 1 for 2650-1081 --that is the complete instructions and it shows how to change CYLINDER settings in section under CONFIGURATION--hope this helps --FED 387

Last edited by FED 387; 05-28-2020 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add info
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
T Ames

Liked 73 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66chevron View Post
I bought an older Autometer model 3967 playback tach from a gentlemen that used it on a 4 cylinder car. Trying to reconfigure it for a V8 and cannot get the 4 pulses per revolution to save. I press the record button to save the setting Per Autometer instructions but the tach always returns to the 4 cylinder setting. Anyone out there know of a possible different procedure other than what is published by Autometer?

And as aside, Autometer is not taking tech phone calls, not using their online chat feature, and have not answered my email.

Appreciate any help you guys could provide.
66chevron, used to run that very tach. The hard copy instructions outline the procedure to change pulses per revolution just as you state above.The instructions do say to press and release the Record button prior to removing power to save the selected setting. Not sure what else the issue could be.
T Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:45 AM   #6
66chevron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally heard back from Autometer. Said there was only one procedure to configure the tach, which is what I tried numerous times. If that did not work pack it up and send back to Autometer for diagnosis.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
66chevron is offline   Reply With Quote