HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,727 Times in 418 Posts
Default Sportsnationals Class?

Can anyone confirm that there will be class eliminations at the two Sportsnationals?

Last edited by GUMP; 06-01-2020 at 12:21 PM.
GUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts
Default Re: Sportsnationals Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Can anyone confirm that there will be class eliminations at the two Sportsnationals?
A better question is will the Sportsnats be contested at Columbus ? Word on the street is Norwalk is packing it in for the season....I do realize there was a race at 42 last week.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Sportsnationals

Norwalk is closed for the season. Formal announcement will be made tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Fuller View Post
Norwalk is closed for the season. Formal announcement will be made tomorrow.
You heard it HERE first, ......LOL....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #5
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
A better question is will the Sportsnats be contested at Columbus ? Word on the street is Norwalk is packing it in for the season....I do realize there was a race at 42 last week.....
As of now the double weekend at trails is a go. Ohio is opening up the racing portion and, hopefully, it keeps removing restrictions. Trails has been racing the last two weekends and have been adding more to its schedule as well.
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Holt View Post
As of now the double weekend at trails is a go. Ohio is opening up the racing portion and, hopefully, it keeps removing restrictions. Trails has been racing the last two weekends and have been adding more to its schedule as well.
The turnout will be **** though. As of Today NHRA has a National event at Indy the week before and the week of the Sports Nat's in Columbus. Not only will the turn out be low due to Covid but now racers have to choose between two event's 200 miles apart.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
The turnout will be **** though. As of Today NHRA has a National event at Indy the week before and the week of the Sports Nat's in Columbus. Not only will the turn out be low due to Covid but now racers have to choose between two event's 200 miles apart.

I would be surprised if there were a lot of stock superstocks at these national events. I would expect low quotas. Just a guess. I am sure some more detail is coming soon. They are updating the event entry site now.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #8
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,342 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
I would be surprised if there were a lot of stock superstocks at these national events. I would expect low quotas. Just a guess. I am sure some more detail is coming soon. They are updating the event entry site now.
The 2 National events at Indy in July have no Sportsman racing; they should have no effect on the Sportsnationals.

This is from the NHRA website - The first event, July 11-12, will feature all four Mello Yello classes – Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle – while the second event, July 18-19, will feature Top Fuel and Funny Car along with the E3 Spark Plugs Pro Mod Series presented by J&A Service, Mickey Thompson Tires Top Fuel Harley Series, and the SAMTech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown. Neither event will include Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series competition.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 579 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
I disagree Steve, I think that the lack of racing from our current situation may actually increase the car count. Even if they run sportsman cars at Indy, class racers like , well , class racing,, and the Sportsnationals represents that more than any other event. I have not talked to a single racer that is planning on staying home because of the virus. There maybe some, but few I would guess. It is a personal choice.

Now to the original question, has it been confirmed that there will be class as usual at the Sports ?
Old 06-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #10
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Like has been already posted, there are no traditional sportsman classes to be ran at the two July indy events. There are, apparently, going to be jegs super quick and et type brackets (good choice for filler) to be ran, though. And per my conversation with track management (albeit last month, but things are only getting better) there will be class at the sports at trails. One time trail Saturday morning and straight j to class. I don't see why that wouldn't still be happening. I would assume, even though it will be in the middle of July, that these races (at Columbus) will be well attended.....
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked