HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #11
James Hensler

Liked 57 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: Rear shock advice needed.

It seems like in my class A/H 8.40’s @3200 lbs people go super expensive but I love my Santuffs! I had Yancy rebuild them and put them on his dyno and my car 1.22 on a bad track and 1.18 on a good one damn near everytime with a Pro Trans. I am hoping 1.20 with the G-Force
Old 03-23-2023, 05:10 PM   #12
weedburner

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
Thinking of going from rear Afco 2-way adjustable big guns, to Santhuff's.
9.20, 3050 lb. small block, ladder bar, stick shift bracket car.
Looking for a little more consistent 60 ft. times.
In your opinion is it worth the $1800 investment or would it be better to spend the money elsewhere. Much Thanks, Danny
There is a good chance that softening the hit of your existing clutch will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Grant
weedburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:21 AM   #13
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Catman, call Marty Rinehart. He is the man when it comes down to suspension fixes. He helped me out with my shocks and springs, and I can not say enough about the improvements I've seen after working with him. I agree, you get what you pay for. No regrets purchasing the Santhuff shocks and Landrum springs from him. Improved my 60 foot times by 5-7 hundredths (not a misprint) consistently, and now it can carry the front wheels past the 60 foot timer, and then land like it's on a fluffy pillow. No regrets at all spending the money with Marty, I highly recommend him.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:50 PM   #14
Catman

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Mike Pearson, In the back of my mine I was a where of the difference between tracks & their way of prepping them, but your comment woke me up & I opened my logbook, got out a pen & calculator & tried to do some averaging & figured my car may not be as bad as I thought. In 48 runs & 6 different tracks the diff. was .069 Low was 1.285 High was 1.354
1 track in 7 runs was .025 diff. Low 1.292 High 1.317 another track in 7 runs was .027 diff. Low 1.312 High 1.339. Looks in line with what your car does.

Car has 2 way adjustable coilover VariShocks on the front, I keep them fairly tight & wheelie bars fairly low to keep front end from coming up to high.

I do believe the car dead hooks, but I may still be off in the clutch area, don't have a real good handle on that yet.

Would like to know more about how you set your ladder bars up. If you don't mind sharing, I know how much time & effort the S/SS guys put into their cars & don't want everything to be public knowledge.

Maurice, Engine is 413 cu.in. alcohol fuel injected sbc. G-Force 2400 trans. Ram single disc. clutch, 9 1/2 in. 4:86 M/W rear, 31.25/12.2W M/T tires, last time on scales 3038 lbs. 1647 frt. 1391 rear. Best run 9.04 1.285 147 mph.

James, I think you will like your G-Force trans. they are very smooth shifting & you will appreciate the service you get from Leanord & Mike Long, I have seen them work on transmissions at the track, not saying that will happen all of the time, but I have seen it on several occasions.

NHRA 1926 thanks for your encouragement to call Marty, I will do that.

Thanks to all of the S/SS guys for helping a bracket racer. Danny
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:48 AM   #15
ban617

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why not have the Afco shocks revalved by Menscer Motorsports ???
ban617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #16
CMcAllister

Liked 746 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban617 View Post
Why not have the Afco shocks revalved by Menscer Motorsports ???
This.

Most of the custom shops I'm aware of use AFCO components. Might be cost effective, depending on how much internals will be replaced.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote