Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #61
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: Never to early to think about Indy and AHFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I like to think that I've been a little bit of "help" to at least a couple of Racers (or WTB Racers)on this forum.
If you would look under "ClassRacerBuilds" you will find;
"Under the Index for Under a Grand" and
"Not for Nuthin' But Close".
They're not exactly your cup-of-tea but you might learn something. Besides, you might try "slummin'" sometime! You might like it!

Oh, and when you decide that you REALLY want to help somebody, give that somebody your car to race.
Billy, I have read your post on Class Racer Builds. It's not my cup of tea but I respect anyone that runs Stock and is working on their combo to try and make it faster. Instead of getting on here and wanting everyone to be equal by passing out HP to the faster cars. Frank is going to run my 94 car at several races this year. I do share. If I'm able to I will be at the Atco Open. I plan on running the test session. It would put a smile on my face to see you make a pass in my car. I bet it would attract some spectators. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #62
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,790 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
It would put a smile on my face to see you make a pass in my car. I bet it would attract some spectators. BP
Barry, I've raced Pappas' 98 Firebird a couple of times. No big deal.

Larry, I guess I should apologize to you for turning your very good thread upside-down.

*The "liked" is for Frank!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:32 PM   #63
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,081 Times in 769 Posts

White knuckles for sure! I want to drive a 396/375 with the AHFS in effect. I'll fix that factor quick because my foot would be in it for 1400 feet! Oh yeah baby!
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:37 PM   #64
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Or a VanLant 340, forgetaboutit!
Old 01-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #65
Frank Castros
VIP Member

To all y'all that race the combos I mentioned relax my helmet is not up to date and I sincerely respect what you do.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #66
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,790 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
The rules I'm talking about are the cam rules, rocker arm, piston, rod, crank, block, lifter, heads, ect. BP
*Back on the soapbox!

Barry (and anyone else), regarding this list of rule changes that you're talking about, everything that you've brought up here benefited your combo either in a performance, reliability or availability/ affordability way. Realistically, this list pretty much only benefits the Manufacturer's higher performance combos.
How do YOU think that the NHRA should be assigning higher HP ratings to these combos that benefit much more from the changes than the combos that benefit very little if at all? We ARE after all running in an Eliminator with a QUALIFIED field (the premise of this thread IS thinking about Indy!) and it hardly seems "fair" to be giving one combo a distinct advantage over another! We all should be getting the same chance to qualify based on parity and (right now) there is none.
Please, enlighten me.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #67
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Sorry Billy I never said anything about porting. The rules I'm talking about are the cam rules, rocker arm, piston, rod, crank, block, lifter, heads, ect. By the way my store that I no longer own had been robbed twice. No one was ever prosecuted for it. Billy you're starting to remind me of a news commentator. You take one line and jump on it. Then add words that weren't there so to fit your narrative and act like I said it. BP
Barry are you saying to go back on the allowed parts you listed ?
Old 01-29-2022, 08:56 PM   #68
B Parker

[QUOTE=Billy Nees;656483]*Back on the soapbox!

Barry (and anyone else), regarding this list of rule changes that you're talking about, everything that you've brought up here benefited your combo either in a performance, reliability or availability/ affordability way. Realistically, this list pretty much only benefits the Manufacturer's higher performance combos.
How do YOU think that the NHRA should be assigning higher HP ratings to these combos that benefit much more from the changes than the combos that benefit very little if at all? We ARE after all running in an Eliminator with a QUALIFIED field (the premise of this thread IS thinking about Indy!) and it hardly seems "fair" to be giving one combo a distinct advantage over another! We all should be getting the same chance to qualify based on parity and (right now) there is none.
Please, enlighten me.[/QUOTE

H#ll no way Glen. I would like to see no more rule changes for a few years.

Billy the difference in my combo that you like to bring up is the car was offered by GM back in 70. My heads came from GM and so did my intake. Yes they were made by Edelbrock but EdeIbrock bought the rights to them. Way beyond my control. They weren't some aftermarket head and intake that was just put on the list. They both have GM part #'s. I understand what you're saying and I agree with some of it. But if you think my combo is so great, I know where there is a 70 Camaro. Remember I bought the car to begin with even though I didn't really want it. I think it was my quarter rocket. I figure the car cost 20 grand at the most after I sold some of the spare parts it came with. At that price I just couldn't pass it up. Would you have bought it at that price even though it's not your cup of tea? Why don't you get pistons approved for your combo. How fast do you think you could go if you spent some money on it? Sell a couple of those cows. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-29-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:15 PM   #69
B Parker

So Billy, if you think it's only the high HP cars that have benefited from the rules. Build your car to today's rules. Get some pistons and rods approved. Build a 2022 Stocker motor. I bet your sitting on a 1.40 plus under car. The only one that is stopping you from achieving that is you. Don't blame those of us that have. Remember there NHRA's rules not mine nor yours.

You also need to go back and take a look at the aftermarket parts that they allow. I don't think there are many fast small block Chevy's with stock short blocks.

Last edited by B Parker; 01-29-2022 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #70
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
White knuckles for sure! I want to drive a 396/375 with the AHFS in effect. I'll fix that factor quick because my foot would be in it for 1400 feet! Oh yeah baby!
Frank the sad part is you are right. But if a 2015 Camaro is in the other lane and tuned up to the max you will be looking at its rear bumper the whole way down the track. I'd say you should want to take one of them for a ride. Just saying BP

I was told one went 9.40's in A testing a couple of years age.

Last edited by B Parker; 01-30-2022 at 11:19 PM.