Default Re: Never to early to think about Indy and AHFS

Mitch!!! Ya got a PM!
Old 01-26-2022, 11:05 PM   #42
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch kight View Post
INDY has been ruined for those that work on there cars! aHFS will never work and the less car counts the more is does not work. So all the bitching to the AHFS and changes. Time wasted! Biggest race of NHRA and it’s a joke for Stock and Super Stock because this was a Performmance based class. Now a bracket race!
Mitch how many said that you had to have the AHFS in place for Indy. It was the one race that would make the AHFS work. How many went 1.20 last year 0 nada. How many received HP because of Indy again 0 nada. What happened? It would be nice if they at least did it every other year. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:13 PM   #43
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
How many guys think Lonnie is making progress by listening to the racers and also by managing the Technical Department more effectively?
Forget about reversing the rules that have been bastardized for the past thirty years, but enforcing the rule book as it's written today in my mind is his core responsibility.
How does he do this with the current resources he has?
Frank, I'm happy we have someone in there that seems to really care and is willing to listen. And wants to do a good job. You can't make everyone happy. Tec is a tough one. These guys like us are getting older and how many people want to work12 hrs a day, three or four days in a row and get paid circus peanuts. You can't go back to the old rules and make most of everyone stuff junk. I'd like to see a little more punishment for those that are caught with the wrong parts on their cars. Just taking that race away is not going to deter anyone from doing it. Go back to the time has to meet the crime. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-26-2022 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:27 PM   #44
DG

Liked 322 Times in 79 Posts

I'd like to see a little more punishment for those that are caught with the wrong parts on their cars. Just taking that race away is not going to deter anyone from doing it. Go back to the time has to meet the crime. BP[/QUOTE]

That's right, they need to get the wrong parts approved by NHRA first, so that the wrong parts are suddenly the right parts. Its like magic.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:13 AM   #45
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
You can't go back to the old rules and make most of everyone stuff junk.

Go back to the time has to meet the crime. BP
OK, so let me get this straight, "you can't go back to the old rules"? What OLD RULES? Cylinder head and intake porting isn't legal in the current rules!
If a Racer isn't adhering to the "current rules" should they not be punished and shouldn't their not currently legal "stuff" be junk?

We can't "go back to the old rules" when it comes to a Racers "stuff" that would become "junk" but it's OK to "go back to the old rules" when it comes to punishing the "crime"?

Barry, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you're trying to say or do!
What I'm getting out of this is that it's not legal for me to rob your store but if I've robbed stores before then it's OK.

Barry, are you a NYC District Attorney in real life?

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:20 AM   #46
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

What Barry means is that Shop Lifting is no longer a punishable crime. Just kidding!
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:24 AM   #47
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
What Barry means is that Shop Lifting is no longer a punishable crime. Just kidding!
Thought Californica was the only state that’s “legal” in?
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-27-2022, 09:12 PM   #48
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
OK, so let me get this straight, "you can't go back to the old rules"? What OLD RULES? Cylinder head and intake porting isn't legal in the current rules!
If a Racer isn't adhering to the "current rules" should they not be punished and shouldn't their not currently legal "stuff" be junk?

We can't "go back to the old rules" when it comes to a Racers "stuff" that would become "junk" but it's OK to "go back to the old rules" when it comes to punishing the "crime"?

Barry, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you're trying to say or do!
What I'm getting out of this is that it's not legal for me to rob your store but if I've robbed stores before then it's OK.

Barry, are you a NYC District Attorney in real life?
Sorry Billy I never said anything about porting. The rules I'm talking about are the cam rules, rocker arm, piston, rod, crank, block, lifter, heads, ect. By the way my store that I no longer own had been robbed twice. No one was ever prosecuted for it. Billy you're starting to remind me of a news commentator. You take one line and jump on it. Then add words that weren't there so to fit your narrative and act like I said it. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-27-2022 at 09:22 PM.
Liked
Old 01-27-2022, 09:29 PM   #49
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts

Yes Barry I raced an A/SA Max Wedge Belvedere during the Stein/LeBrun/Dvorak/Leopold Era and very proud of our competitiveness. We didn't win a Divisional or National Event but always qualified well, frequently in the top 16, went rounds but came up short of the ultimate prize.
As a "kid" in the sixties and seventies all I wanted to accomplish was to race with the big dogs in the Land of NED, and I did.
I very much appreciate the opportunity and will never forget it. It's always been my passion.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #50
B Parker

Billy how about you and Frank do some good tonight and each post one thing under helping. Don't make it trany fluid in the rear. I had a good laugh when you posted that. There's so much better stuff on the market today. BP