HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #91
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: How about severely limiting "Super" class entries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astikhossw View Post
Bruce Noland I just have to ask what are the 2 things that you would find in Compton Ca at 2 am and what does it have to do with the super classes.Just curious????
Sounds like you haven't read all the posts on this thread. Check them out.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #92
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Kieth 944, I was under the impression that most 90 racers like the eighth mile due to wear and tear. Me personally, I like the quarter as it favors my strategy more than the eighth. I do not know how others feel about it. I was thinking the eighth for the 90 cars as it would lessen the delay that is annoying to spectators concepts of what racing is. All the while of taking up less time. Just offering a simple solution.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA delay should mean .823 light.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #93
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

Ron, as a . 90 racer you do not speak for me
I prefer to be quarter mine. Eight Mile is not for me. And I don't run a throttle control. So don't speak for me speak for yourself.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #94
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
Kieth 944, I was under the impression that most 90 racers like the eighth mile due to wear and tear. Me personally, I like the quarter as it favors my strategy more than the eighth. I do not know how others feel about it. I was thinking the eighth for the 90 cars as it would lessen the delay that is annoying to spectators concepts of what racing is. All the while of taking up less time. Just offering a simple solution.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA delay should mean .823 light.
This is what most bracket racing is going too but, don’t think it’s too favorable in the .90 classes.

Let’s be honest, for the most part anyone watching .90, Stock & SS or Comp are current racers or retired racers. Maybe a select few are spectators. If they come to a National it’s to see the Nitro Cars, a Divisonal it’s for the Alky cars. Yes, the track owners and Nhra have to do a better job at marketing the Divisional events but, I’ve offered my suggestions and was laughed at. To be honest what a track has to spend for a Divisonal Race they don’t have anything left to market it.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #95
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Maverick, I don't see anywhere I spoke for you or 90 racers. And if I knew you I wouldn't speak for you.
BKSG1198 you are right about that. When NHRA brought in the 90 classes it was to get more racers in, now they want less, unless you offer big bucks.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA
Old 01-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #96
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts
Smile Re: How about severely limiting "Super" class entries?

Didn't really wanna get dragged into this whole mess, I wish this thread would just go away. But here it goes, 1st off to win 2 IHRA world championships i had to run (and win) MANY 1/8 mile races, personally i don't like it. had to be done. Do i think it would help? nope, still have to clear the track and some people think they are john force and have to take long burn outs, rev the car to clear it out? (whatever that means) Then take forever to even pre stage. None of this helps get more car counts for ANY category at nationals,
I play by the rules, i enter as early as i possibly can and sometimes don't get in. Yep it sucks. but hey guys it really bites for super street, we are restricted to 1 national event each division, i live in Delaware and can only race at Atlanta, (last year was moved to the Gators in Florida, that left me out). Or Epping in New Hampshire. or maybe Chicago. So i say yes it does suck that many of you cannot enter a national in stock. too many running that category, i understand, but to take away anything from any other class is just wrong. Remember when they used to rotate (leave out) 1 category in each event ? Now that sucked! but to up the # of entrees allowed that would be a solution that i don't think anyone wants to have happen again. i don't know what a good solution would be, but for me i am going to race all the division, .90 series, and national events i can, while i still can, and enjoy doing it!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #97
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas stocker View Post
Take away all of the electronic devises and it would make a much better spectator event. Same people would win most of the time but it would be a lot better to watch and add a couple of new skills.
Pete
It might, but there are a lot of companies that sell the stuff needed for this type of racing. What do they do if all this stuff is outlawed........

Anyway, for the spectators going to a National Event, do you think most of them care too much about the Sportsman Racing? Face it, no one is going to sit still for 10-14 hours a day and never leave their seats. I know when I go, when my friends running the .90 Classes come out, I go find food! I get to watch them most weekends at our local tracks, and the Divisional Races. I certainly don't need to sit and watch them until the late rounds if I still have some friends in.

What we don't get to see a lot is the Stock and Super Stock racers. They rarely Bracket Race due to the cost of wear and tear on their stuff. They aren't built for that type of racing. So when they are running at a National my butt is parked in the stands watching them! I have a lot of friends in those two classes and used to drive a Stocker myself.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-25-2020, 08:22 PM   #98
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
If the electronics are the reason that no spectators watch the Super classes, what are the reasons they don't watch Comp, Super Stock, and Stock?
Or Pro Stock....

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #99
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
Or Pro Stock....
Most likely Zero marketing about them >I do know Alan Reinhart does a great job announcing but no marketing at Divisional levels