Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #11
Jim Hanig

Liked 97 Times in 47 Posts
Red face Re: Silly Season Has Begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Vassar View Post
Sometime in the mid 80,s I took my 71 Charger 360 with a performer intake,650 spread bore holley, headers,and 3:91 gears to texas raceway just to see what it would run. ..and that was it...I bought my first bracket car in 91, A 70 Duster 440. I turned that car over to my son Dustin when he was 15 because he won more money in it than I did. A couple yrs later I bought myself another bracket car a 70 Barracuda 440 and 2 yrs later turned that car over to my youngest son Colton because. ..yep..you guessed it. Through the years we have bought and sold several bracket cars,won a few races and broke a lot of parts. Then around July I hit my head on something, called Dustin and said "I'm going to buy a stocker and your going to drive it" Well after 1 divisional and one national,we pretty much fell on our *** right out of the gate...but we are still super excited about stock and the new people we have met so far and we plan to be ready for Houston in March.
Dont give up Everrt most everyone goes through this when they start. Fined a good machine shop that will take the time to get thing right.
Jim Hanig is offline   Reply With Quote