Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #31
Don Eckel 111

Liked 69 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: ATCO dates reschedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post
I haven't seen this question raised, it may have been but I haven't seen it.
Did the current owner make any attempt to find a buyer(s) wanting to keep it as is?
It's my understanding that offers from other buyers were made.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #32
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
Good question.

It seems someone in the dragracing media needs to contact the owner and do an interview.

The track has such a rich history that I would think the owner could at least provide the thousands of people who have patronized it with some information.
Yes, there were a few offers but, nothing in the amount that IAA was willing to offer to buy it. Rumor has it, the racers offer was around 6-7 million and IAA offer was around 11-12 million
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:56 AM   #33
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Richter View Post
123_1.jpeg
We probably should ALL have taken note when the FAMOUS wall disappeared.. just sayin'..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #34
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Yes, there were a few offers but, nothing in the amount that IAA was willing to offer to buy it. Rumor has it, the racers offer was around 6-7 million and IAA offer was around 11-12 million
There's not much you can do about that.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #35
hilton

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts

Wow if those numbers are true talk about out bidding yourself !
hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #36
Jim Lodi jr

Liked 36 Times in 15 Posts

Posponed again till march 15th
Old 03-06-2021, 10:11 AM   #37
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

If Atco does close, I wonder if NJMP would add a dragstrip? Easy for me to spend their money, and who knows what issues there would be. https://njmp.com
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-06-2021, 10:21 AM   #38
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

I live 10 minutes from NJMP and heard they have entertained the idea but, lots of factors. The track has already went bankrupt once and was sold off, the current owner from what I heard is a big road race guy and has little interest in drag racing. I also was told that the area they would build it would be a very small track, maybe even 1/8 mile as parking 500-600 rigs might be impossible. With NJMP they have townhomes / condos built that the racers leave their personal cars in throughout the year and they pay a yearly fee. I work PT at the Longhorn up the street from the track and we get ALOT of foreigners that come in to eat from Porsche clubs that fly over to help tune cars.

I also know that when the land was being developed they had a lot of pushback from the neighbors about the noise, including one neighbor that had exotic birds. It really is a shame because the town could use some extra income. If anyone knows Millville, Vineland, Bridgeton are all depressed areas and the main factory work has all but dried up, Wheaton glass, Progresso soup, etc. have all shut down or moved, About the only thing Millville is known for is Mike Trout the baseball player.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #39
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
I live 10 minutes from NJMP and heard they have entertained the idea but, lots of factors. The track has already went bankrupt once and was sold off, the current owner from what I heard is a big road race guy and has little interest in drag racing. I also was told that the area they would build it would be a very small track, maybe even 1/8 mile as parking 500-600 rigs might be impossible. With NJMP they have townhomes / condos built that the racers leave their personal cars in throughout the year and they pay a yearly fee. I work PT at the Longhorn up the street from the track and we get ALOT of foreigners that come in to eat from Porsche clubs that fly over to help tune cars.

I also know that when the land was being developed they had a lot of pushback from the neighbors about the noise, including one neighbor that had exotic birds. It really is a shame because the town could use some extra income. If anyone knows Millville, Vineland, Bridgeton are all depressed areas and the main factory work has all but dried up, Wheaton glass, Progresso soup, etc. have all shut down or moved, About the only thing Millville is known for is Mike Trout the baseball player.
I kinda figured they didn't want any "greasy drag racers" around.
From their website, regarding their CEO:
"In 1999, Lee purchased a 1959 Elva Mark 5, participated in the Bertil Roos Driving School and went on to obtain his competition license through SVRA." I don't think the '59 Elva is in the guide, and I'll bet it's no "Dime Rocket".
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote