HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts
Default Harness attachment

This is an easy question. When we attach our harness to the roll bar behind the seat,,can it be wrapped around the bar or does it need to be attached with 2 bolts?? Also if it can be wrapped does something need to be welded to the bar so it wont slide sideways,if we should get into an accident?? This was brought up buy a tech guy when a friend was getting his car teched at Lebanon Valley last fall. He said something had to be added to the bar where the harness wrapped around the bar so it wouldnt slide sideways in the event there was an accident..Tim Barrett H/SA 1925

Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
STK4340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was told the same thing last year about my belts being wrapped around the bar with no side restraints. I was told that you can wrap the belts but you must have some sort of welded side restraints so the belt cannot slide/move should there be an accident. I have since welded in a clip with a hole to bolt the belts in. Hope that helps.

STK4340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Either way is fine.

If you weld tabs and bolt belts make sure the tab is welded top and bottom. A friend was killed because the tab was welded on top only and failed.

Wrapping around may be the safest / strongest way. You need to keep the belt located. In my cars a length of welding wire was formed and screwed to the cross bar. It can be welded but is not necessary.

Frank Ferrucci