HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #121
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
Also, there needs to be fresh thinking to be able to break out of the current "formula" of 50-year old cars to expand the category.
Ya mean like more 2000-2010 cars in the guide that can be affordable to buy and race? And yeah, I mean FWD stuff too. And maybe 1 or 2 more FWD classes.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #122
Dave Gantz

Liked 219 Times in 114 Posts

I've always loved the concept of S/SS. The concept of competing using a set of rules that everyone must follow promotes getting the most out of a given combination. This, to me, has always been inspiring, motivating and invigorating. I've been a bracket racer, and understand that the cost and complexity of class racing make bracket racing a reality, but it lacks the "look what can be done with stock parts" aspect. Who hasn't run their car at a bracket race and not amazed their fellow participants by their performance? (And yes, S/SS ain't as Stock, and is a lot more Super than they used to be.)

The NHRA seems to be slowly eliminating S/SS. It presents an extremely tedious enforcement process. They don't seem to want the related tech inspections, tear downs, HP adjustments, etc., etc., anymore. The pool of people qualified to do all of the work required to keep up the integrity of the class must be rather small, and getting smaller.

Not to mention NHRA executives that probably don't get the concept, and would rather concentrate on the money they can generate in other classes. They could be rather short sighted, as such, because there are indirect ways of generating income in the long term by maintaining such classes as S/SS.

A big reason I'm no longer a member of the "club" is because the people that run it don't communicate with their own members. The very members that spend on memberships, and an ever expanding list of "enhancements". I'd like to know what Wally Parks would think of the way things are now.

Bottom line: I think the only rule changes they will make will be to make things simpler for them.

I've read on here that NHRA reads this forum. If that's so NHRA, please come on here and speak to your members.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #123
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,419 Times in 1,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya mean like more 2000-2010 cars in the guide that can be affordable to buy and race? And yeah, I mean FWD stuff too. And maybe 1 or 2 more FWD classes.
Yes. If NHRA was truly interested in entry level car, there needs to be a FWD class in between 19 lbs. and 25 lbs. !
Also , see my post on X/ Stock.

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74658

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 10-19-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #124
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts

With all of the newer "flood cars" available, it can be cheaper to start with a newer body style and build a car, than to look for a 60's or 70's classic and have to replace body panels,floor pans etc. just to get started. Many different combinations from the manufacturers are out there. There not all "dime rockets", but can be built for much less than a new COPO, Drag Pak or Cobra Jet.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #125
joe huestis

Liked 368 Times in 102 Posts

The rear drive Dodge Chargers, Magnums, Challengers, Mustangs, Pontiac G8s,Chevy SS, and Late model Chevy Caprice police package cars need to be placed in the guide. All V8 and V6 combos available in all these models. All years up to the current models.
joe huestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:31 AM   #126
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe huestis View Post
The rear drive Dodge Chargers, Magnums, Challengers, Mustangs, Pontiac G8s,Chevy SS, and Late model Chevy Caprice police package cars need to be placed in the guide. All V8 and V6 combos available in all these models. All years up to the current models.
Too many years where only one model out of a manufacturer's entire lineup is listed. And it is usually the one that they need for the limited-availability non-VIN package cars.

Last edited by Mike Schwartz; 10-20-2020 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Too
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:48 AM   #127
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,773 Times in 869 Posts

Ban auto trans! There boring!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #128
GTOMayhem

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Yes. If NHRA was truly interested in entry level car, there needs to be a FWD class in between 19 lbs. and 25 lbs. !
Also , see my post on X/ Stock.

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74658

And more weight breaks in between the other FWD classes.

Rick Thomason
GTOMayhem
GTOMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #129
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

There should not be any heads up runs between fuel injected cars and carb cars. and a way to stop the sand baggers make a rule to where if you have a heads up run you cant go faster then one tenth of what you qualifyed at. and yes they should change the seat belt rule to five years.

Last edited by sammy pizzolato; 10-21-2020 at 03:57 PM.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #130
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

There are cars in Stock that are quicker than some cars in Competition. Perhaps there should be a reevaluation of what classes belong in Competition, in Super Stock and in Stock? Performance? Cost? Allowable modifications?

How about moving Stock classes where cars have made passes under 9.00 into SS, as a beginning?
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked