HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT
     
   
   

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2024, 05:02 PM   #71
340Cuda
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,589
Likes: 3,353
Liked 692 Times in 298 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

It may look worse in person but are you sure the tire is ruined?
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-12-2024, 12:07 PM   #72
JP1738
Member
 
JP1738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 227
Likes: 510
Liked 374 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
It may look worse in person but are you sure the tire is ruined?
It's pretty much destroyed. I have no hard data/evidence, but when I press my finger into the undamaged portion of the tire, there is a substantial amount of rigidity. When I press into the portion of the tire that rubbed, its like pressing a balloon animal.

When I get back to my shop again I'll snag a pic of the tire off the car, it's paper thin where it wore on the frame rail.
__________________
Dawson Pauley
#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-13-2024, 01:44 PM   #73
340Cuda
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,589
Likes: 3,353
Liked 692 Times in 298 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1738 View Post
It's pretty much destroyed. I have no hard data/evidence, but when I press my finger into the undamaged portion of the tire, there is a substantial amount of rigidity. When I press into the portion of the tire that rubbed, its like pressing a balloon animal.

When I get back to my shop again I'll snag a pic of the tire off the car, it's paper thin where it wore on the frame rail.
Kinda sounds like the tire is toast, sorry...
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2024, 05:14 PM   #74
Charles Stewart
Member
 
Charles Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Riviere-du-Loup, (QC) Canada
Posts: 323
Likes: 1,297
Liked 557 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Grady View Post
May want to check for Binding throughout the rear suspension travel when you start putting it back together.
May i suggest to look at the junction of the axle tube to the center section of your housing. You could find welds broken there which could also explain why your car lift the front driver side higher than the passenger side.
__________________
AAF/S double "A" fun/stock
Charles Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-15-2024, 11:00 AM   #75
JP1738
Member
 
JP1738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 227
Likes: 510
Liked 374 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Stewart View Post
May i suggest to look at the junction of the axle tube to the center section of your housing. You could find welds broken there which could also explain why your car lift the front driver side higher than the passenger side.
The plan right now is to replace both 4-link double adjusters on both upper bars and completely re-setup the 4 link to a true neutral setting. That way I can rule out any binding or pos/neg preload that might have been introduced in the car. I will also check the housing, 4-link brackets, and torque-boxes for any warping or damage. Right now I'm on hold with all my cars because my main workhorse (my mazda) needs work desperately and the transmission in my truck welded all of it's forward clutched together. Even if I had a raceable car (0 for 2 right now), I have no way to get either of them to the race track for the next few weeks.
__________________
Dawson Pauley
#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide

Last edited by JP1738; 07-15-2024 at 11:02 AM.
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.