HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #11
boxmotorsports

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

no one can plan for all the rain we have seen this springr , we should all be thankful we aren;t farmers, For those who want to race The Can Am Stock Super Stock series is at Empire this coming week end if anyone is interested. The weather forecast looks good for that area right now.
boxmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #12
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 961 Times in 61 Posts
Cool Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

We all read the release on NHRAracer, but I'd been wondering what sort of formal news announcement would be made on the NHRA home page for the general populous. Obviously, the majority of the fans are there for the Pros, but many spectators really enjoy sportsman cars, specifically Stock and Super Stock. Well here it is, one sentence, paragraph 5, somewhere between "guided walking tour and music driven driver introductions".

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/norwa...packed-weekend

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
We all read the release on NHRAracer, but I'd been wondering what sort of formal news announcement would be made on the NHRA home page for the general populous.
The first place I saw the news was when they changed the race schedule to three days and deleted the sportsmen classes.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #14
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
We all read the release on NHRAracer, but I'd been wondering what sort of formal news announcement would be made on the NHRA home page for the general populous. Obviously, the majority of the fans are there for the Pros, but many spectators really enjoy sportsman cars, specifically Stock and Super Stock. Well here it is, one sentence, paragraph 5, somewhere between "guided walking tour and music driven driver introductions".

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/norwa...packed-weekend
I've received a couple calls yesterday from guys I used to work with wanting to know where we will be parked. They had no idea we had been cancelled. How would they? Most people we know don't call, they just show up. I think there's going to be a lot of surprised spectators.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #15
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts

Bill Bader Jr stated that the sportsman portion of the race will be contested in Norwalk.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

This has been my home track for many years and as most of you know, no one works harder than the Bader family. He has already cancelled several events this year due to the rain. If there was any way possible for the show to go on, he would've made it happen. He cancelled the Wednesday, Friday & Saturday programs last week and ran his crew around the clock to try and prep the grounds for this week. This has been the wettest season on record since 1953. I know it sucks for all of us but it was the correct call.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #17
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts

If the fan walk and pit tour is a success. Look out sportsman!
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #18
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

Jeff I don't think that would be the case. The sportsman pay most if not all the pro purse. I think they like the low numbers of entrance. No extra days and not many if any extra employee's to pay.

I think everyone agree's that postponing the sportsman part of the race was the right call. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:37 PM   #19
SC363B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

B Parker could you please explain how the sportsman racers pay the Pro purse. TF and FC get $10,000 for first round lost which is 160,000 just for first rnd. At $320 entry fee for 300 cars I don’t think we are paying most if not all of the pros purse.
I think the spectators $55 each x 35,000 which is almost $2,000,000 probably is where the money is and they’re not paying that to watch my SC car go 8.90
SC363B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:18 AM   #20
Dave Gantz

Liked 219 Times in 114 Posts

I've been a fan of the class (actually Stock and Super Stock) since the early 70's, and was a partner on a car in the mid 90's with Mike Smith, who was a racer since roughly about 1970.

The weather and how NHRA treats its racers are two different things.

We were being "beat up" by NHRA in the mid 90's. Mike and I accepted it and ran S/SS events, followed by a few points races and very few national events. I would've loved to race at Indy, but the "Thrill Was Gone". NHRA takes advantage of the addiction that is racing.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote