HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 02-20-2020, 04:33 PM   #11
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: Live from SGMP

Nice pictures Robbie, keep up the good work.
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #12
Dewdlebug

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Very nice.
Y'all have fun. Hope we get the chance to bump into one another at a race this year.
Dewdlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #13
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts

We went to the Smoke'n Pig last night BBQ was good. I believe the same company own Mama Junes also both good spots to eat. Well this morning its cold and windy 40degs and 10 to 15 mph wind. We'll see, on a high note its not raining.Schedule is to start at 9 but I doubt that. Thanks Ray we'll see?
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:10 AM   #14
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Well yesterday was an interesting day. The cold temps made it a challenge for some to get down track SC sure had trouble of course S/St was first out and some had problems also. My 1st run wasn't the prettiest run but I still managed a 10.85. The fun happened in the second run. 1 st run I was lean and it missed in high gear so I jetted up expecting a quicker pass and already too fast (10.85) the put 20 numbers in the TS thinking 2 to 1 wrong its more like 1 to 1 and I went 11.07. Now that's not a problem most of the time, my problem was the time slip said 11.07 at 106 mph WHAT. Having year's of experience driving my car you'd think I was in tune to everything happening wrong. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but that MPH? I couldn't understand how that happened. So I started checking the engine, after much investigation the car seemed good. I still couldn't understand the MPH. So after talking with a friend he suggested the MPH was bogus I would of had to lock the brakes to kill 30 MPH. So I ran the numbers on both of Et slips and the only slow spot in the run was on the stop after the stop came off the incremental numbers where very close. The only thing I can think of is something blew thru the mph light before I got there to start the clock causing the low MPH. The car seems to be running fine and hopefully all is good. I guess we'll see this morning. Sorry for the long rant just another day at the races Things are scheduled to start at 10 Am with Jrs
Old 02-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
pmrphil

Liked 237 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Welch View Post
Well yesterday was an interesting day. The cold temps made it a challenge for some to get down track SC sure had trouble of course S/St was first out and some had problems also. My 1st run wasn't the prettiest run but I still managed a 10.85. The fun happened in the second run. 1 st run I was lean and it missed in high gear so I jetted up expecting a quicker pass and already too fast (10.85) the put 20 numbers in the TS thinking 2 to 1 wrong its more like 1 to 1 and I went 11.07. Now that's not a problem most of the time, my problem was the time slip said 11.07 at 106 mph WHAT. Having year's of experience driving my car you'd think I was in tune to everything happening wrong. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but that MPH? I couldn't understand how that happened. So I started checking the engine, after much investigation the car seemed good. I still couldn't understand the MPH. So after talking with a friend he suggested the MPH was bogus I would of had to lock the brakes to kill 30 MPH. So I ran the numbers on both of Et slips and the only slow spot in the run was on the stop after the stop came off the incremental numbers where very close. The only thing I can think of is something blew thru the mph light before I got there to start the clock causing the low MPH. The car seems to be running fine and hopefully all is good. I guess we'll see this morning. Sorry for the long rant just another day at the races Things are scheduled to start at 10 Am with Jrs
Don't forget, something blowing through the lights will also change your ET - so throw the end numbers of that run away.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #16
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Phil Et seem correct MPH was wrong. I heard after my run they stopped for a little while saying the sun was screwing the timing clocks up? Well as you may know I'm done after 1st round you have to be able to run the number and I couldn't. We're hanging around to help and cheer for our friends. On a good note we went to dinner at Mom and Dads Italian restaurant with our friends Bruce and Linda Guertin. Dinner was very good and the company was excellent as always thanks. The lack of photos this weekend is do to camera issues hope to have that fixed by Gainesville .
Old 02-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #17
Marty Hignight

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts

We can’t let Robbie have all the fun. Lost a wheel bearing 48 miles from home .
Marty
Old 02-24-2020, 08:19 AM   #18
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Sorry to here Marty was it a trailer or RV wheel bearing. Trailer, take the wheel off and limp on down the road for 50 miles RV now that's bad. It will take a week to fix all the stuff I need to do. Scooter had a flat so 2 new tires and tubes ( I asked for that, been running the original tires since I got it a few years ago its a(1974). It was the challenge of it. The RV needs help, its got a house battery bad I think (they're new last year)and the battery maintainer to replace.Always something needing repairs on the road Congrats to the winners and RUs S/St winner Kevin MacNicol RU Landon Neely. Kevin's on a roll RU in Orlando and a win at SGMP way to start the year SG Gene Brown RU Sherman Adcock .Gene traveled all the way from D5 what a way to make a trip pay off.SC Troy Coughlin Jr RU Michelle Furr.