HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Bayou Shoe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Throttle stop racing first timer needs a little help

Getting ready for next season and I am debating weather to throttle stop the car all year or not with my new motor. I run allot of 1/8 mile mixed in with a little 1/4, I was thinking of just running the throttle stops all year so I could keep the same set up. 1/8 car runs 5.70's and I plan on running 10.90 index in 1/4 or 7.00 in 1/8. If the car runs a 5.70 what would be a good starting point for the timers on the stops, also how far out do you guys run before activating your stops, should i shift on time. Are most cars more consistent on throttle stops or should i just run it all out. I think I should run the stops because I will know my tune up is the same the whole year and adjusting stops would be easy. Give me a little input please it will be appreciated. Throttle stop is a dual baseplate Co2 system from Dedenbear with a CC3 controller.
Bayou Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Steve Reynolds

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Throttle stop racing first timer needs a little help

Bayou,
First let me ask you if you plan on bracket racing alot of faster cars?
I know this sounds silly, but I have my reasons.
I race divisional S/ST on an occationall basis, but bracket race alot, and used the throttle stop all season.
I had alot of success bracket racing with the stop, against the faster cars(dragsters).
Set the timers, dont change it all day, and follow the weather for dial in.
The extra data you gain from using the stop all season will help when it comes division time.
Hopes this was a little help. My opinion is only worth a six pack most days.
Steve Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What Steve said is true also your 10.90 dial-in with the mph you run really messes with their heads. I run s/st and always use the stop the more info you have the better off you are. Good luck.
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
Bayou Shoe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys and yes with running allot of 1/8 mile races I see large amounts of dragsters, so I think running the stops would help me out. I am new to all this and if any of you would like to help me a little further in getting this thing set up please drop me an e mail at Herbertsracingteam@gmail.com once again thanks it is appreciated.
Bayou Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Verwold View Post
What Steve said is true also your 10.90 dial-in with the mph you run really messes with their heads.
Really???
Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
Steve Reynolds

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think what Bob is referring to is that if running 1/4 mile flat out and lets say your car runs 9.90's or even low 10's without the stop, you set up for 10.90 on the stop. This will slow your cars dial in, but only affect the MPH slightly depending on when and where you use the stop, and how long your on it.
Example, my sm block Nova will run 9.80 @ 135 mph w/o the stop. 10.90 @ 131 mph on the stop.
You can see that if you are racing a 8.0's Dragster, he will not reach you until way past the MPH cones on the track, because of the et difference. The extra mph you have can mess them up on judging the stripe.
Worked for me, anyway.
Steve Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote