HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 10-02-2019, 12:47 AM   #1
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 919 Times in 252 Posts
Default Paint for trailer roof.

I recently noticed that the roof on my Wells Cargo enclosed car trailer is looking pretty bad, lots of surface rust on the top. I was thinking about scuffing the roof and painting it with white rust paint. Wondering if anybody else has had this issue, and what they used to repair it.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Paint for trailer roof.

Rory--KOOL SEAL elastomeric roof coating in WHITE---apply it with a roller and a fairly heavy nap to it---get the white---will keep the trailer ceiling cooler as it reflects the sun---goes on easy ---just take your time--might want to use some TUB and SINK NON hardening caulk to seal any seams that look questionable---dries in about 6 hours can redcoat in a day or 2 ---put it on in above 55-60 degree day ----they use this stuff on mobile homes-factory metal roofs etc. ---you can re-coat every 3-5 years if you feel it needs it but you'll probably get rid of the trailer by then--- Cost is about $110-120 US for 5 gal bucket--I know Walmart sold it in the past but look around usually can find it on sale for less---GALLON covers about 50-100 square feet depends on how thick you put it on---5 gallon will do the average 8x24 foot trailer---good luck FED 387

Last edited by FED 387; 10-02-2019 at 12:16 PM.
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked