HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 12-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Cool LED bulbs, in the RV

I put LED headlight bulbs in the trusty 08 4runner and its night and day, what a difference. Snagged some for the rest of the street fleet. Did the wife's camry the other night.

Anyone do LED bulbs in their RV? Figuring out what you have for lights in your coach isn't that easy, for my vectra they used 2005 mercury mountaineer headlights took a bit of internet sleuthing to figure that out, snagged some LED 9007's for the Vectra which will fit. Hope they work as well as in the 4runner, the stock 9007 is very weak especially on low beam, its not too bad on high.

Will post back once I get it done, likely will not be till Spring.

Eric
Old 12-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: LED bulbs, in the RV

I need to change the high beam in our 2019 Seneca. The low beams are ok but high beam arnt much better than the low. We are on a Jayco Seneca sight and a few have changed the whole headlight setup to LED,but they were alot of $$$. Something I should put on my list to do for next year. Thanks for bringing it up.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barrett View Post
I need to change the high beam in our 2019 Seneca. The low beams are ok but high beam arnt much better than the low. We are on a Jayco Seneca sight and a few have changed the whole headlight setup to LED,but they were alot of $$$. Something I should put on my list to do for next year. Thanks for bringing it up.
Hope they aren't alot of $$$, I purchased Auxbeam Led's for the 4runner, and they were low $30's for the low beams, installed them, liked them checked back and they were on sale for 24ish so I binged...for everything I own on the street..except 93 dodge, that truly old school. Have a big box now.

Have noticed that due to the cooling fan, the FM reception for some stations isn't as good, may need a capacitor to block the noise, motorhome at Cummins, it may be coming home this week, and I will not be worrying about radio reception with the lights on, its terrible in the pits trying to tune in the track .........goldrush trailer radio perfect everytime....

Eric
Old 12-26-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

7Hi Eric,,I found out that alot of my fellow Jayco Seneca owners are going to Opt7 Fluxbeam X headlight bulbs. For us they are around $110 a set for high beam or low beam. We are going to start with low beam first.

Last edited by Tim Barrett; 12-26-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:09 AM   #5
goofygrape

I also upgraded to LED bulbs in my RV, and it made a big difference. It's awesome that they worked well in your 4Runner too. LED 9007s should be a good choice for the Vectra. Looking forward to hearing how they perform in your RV in the spring.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:17 AM   #6
bigsapper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to bigsapper Send a message via AIM to bigsapper Send a message via Yahoo to bigsapper

I also changed the lights in my Winnebago RV to LEDs, just like you're planning with your Vectra. Before, I had regular old bulbs, but I read up on https://leds.to/ and decided to try the OXILAM 2023 Upgraded H11 LED Bulbs.

These new LED lights are way brighter, which significantly helps when driving at night. They were easy to put in and fit just right. They cost a bit more, but they're worth it. The wires are a bit big, and I've heard they might flicker after a few years, but mine have been fine.

Last edited by bigsapper; 01-29-2024 at 11:50 AM.
bigsapper is offline   Reply With Quote