HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Question onan 7 qd issue or not? extended warranty nearing end

Coach is going to Cummins, where it will be load tested, and a coolant leak addressed. It will also be load tested too.

Gen in the Vectra, has 4200 hours or so, have noticed, when not under a heavy load it will occasionally spike up in in its RPM for just a second then back to idle.

It was stalling and dying on me at Indy only after running for several hours and at Epping also(never had done this), but, after I blew out the soot, changed the fuel filter, air filter and oil no stalling, fuel filter was the likely culprit on that, as it ran issue free for the dutch which the wife appreciated.

Anything else that I should point Cummins re generator to while they are also working on the exxon valdez of a 8.9 oil leak?

Thanks

Eric
Old 10-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: onan 7 qd issue or not? extended warranty nearing end

Water pump drive belt and a general inspection inside it for anything else that might need repair or replacement.....

Last winter I did one that had 4800 hrs and changed a lot of parts. It was around a 2004 model year.

Water pump, fuel pump, t-stat, coolant sensor, W/P belt....and replaced the broken exhaust flex pipe off the exhaust manifold....plus all the normal maintenance stuff.

There is ZERO access to any of this in most diesel pushers.....So when I take one out that like this one, I change a good amount of parts just trying to avoid having to pull it out again in the near future....
Old 10-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Default Re: onan 7 qd issue or not? extended warranty nearing end

[QUOTE=Rich Biebel;599472]Water pump drive belt and a general inspection inside it for anything else that might need repair or replacement.....

Last winter I did one that had 4800 hrs and changed a lot of parts. It was around a 2004 model year.

Water pump, fuel pump, t-stat, coolant sensor, W/P belt....and replaced the broken exhaust flex pipe off the exhaust manifold....plus all the normal maintenance stuff.

There is ZERO access to any of this in most diesel pushers.....So when I take one out that like this one, I change a good amount of parts just trying to avoid having to pull it out again in the near future....[/QUOTE

Thanks Rich. I make sure to see if they can look at all of the above, and if they don't, I'll transport it down to NJ!

Eric