HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #71
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: more news from NHRA

sportsman at national events, why they are still there. it is a multi part marketing and business plan, not just the national event entry fee. sportsman need to run national events for points toward championship, and also for sponsors and racing on a national stage, maybe even a mention on a national tv broadcast. how do you get to race at that national event, spend lots of money racing divisional events, which nhra gets a percentage of. as most business owners know, repeat customers is where you make your money. so even if they only make $100 net profit off you at national event, you probably went to 5 divisionals and they made another $500 plus license fee, plus membership fee, plus chassis cert fee
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #72
Superpro

Liked 91 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4284spd View Post
LOL, the whole world has skin in this election! US falls, so does the rest of the world!
I guess what I meant with that comment is that I don't have to resort to red vs blue opinions on a drag race forum. As a non partisan in this event, I'll just watch it unfold. It is quite disconcerting however, to see the dissension that has reached the racing climate. Excuse me, the microwave is buzzing, popcorn is ready!

Last edited by Superpro; 09-23-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Superpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #73
ssracer3821

Liked 113 Times in 30 Posts

In August 2017, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis told supporters of President Donald Trump not to shop in his stores. FACT!
ssracer3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #74
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssracer3821 View Post
In August 2017, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis told supporters of President Donald Trump not to shop in his stores. FACT!
Yupp I remember that!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #75
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
I guess you could say that he told SOME supporters of Trump not to shop in his stores, depending on their stance on a single topic.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ter-trumps-ch/
Old 09-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #76
Gary Smith

Liked 76 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
Old 09-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #77
Bpozzi

Liked 98 Times in 19 Posts

CAN WE PLEASE LEAVE POLITICAL BS OFF THIS THREAD??!!!! Some of us, a small percentage of us are still in our 30’s, we still have years and years of drag racing in front of us. If NHRA folds, you may hate them, but that would be a BIG problem for us that want to do this for a long time ahead of us. I understand many of you are nearing the age of leaving the sport and could care less of the greedy machine that is NHRA, but remember when you were in your 30’s and were afforded a place to go race safely ..... back in the good ol days. Well like or not NHRA is the only sanctioning body in town that has classracers and that gives us exposure to maybe pick up a sponsor to help fund this insane hobby.

If Marcus Lemonis wants to give his money to NHRA and keep the sport thriving, I could care two sh*** what he said or how he feels. Camping world is a decent place to buy RV parts and let’s face it, a national event with 200 or so RV’s would be a marketing goldmine.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #78
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpozzi View Post
CAN WE PLEASE LEAVE POLITICAL BS OFF THIS THREAD??!!!!
If Marcus Lemonis wants to give his money to NHRA and keep the sport thriving, I could care two sh*** what he said or how he feels. Camping world is a decent place to buy RV parts and let’s face it, a national event with 200 or so RV’s would be a marketing goldmine.
I do not want companies or their bosses, managers to make political statements. Marcus did not call out Joe Biden or Kamala Harris when they said about BLM, there are good protesters out there, only a few bad eggs. Kind of the same comment Trump Made. My 2 cents
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #79
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

Yeah, I may be old, but as long as I'm still breathing I'll care about Drag Racing, so please don't count me (or any of the other passionate seniors) out just yet! Thanks!

I've been a supported of Camping World (and the Good Sam Club) since the Bowling Green location let us use their parking lot as overflow for the WWCS event at Beech Bend in 1977! I've never owned an RV.

I have always believed that you have to support the people who support you, plain and simple. Without that, they aren't going to be around long. I gave up smoking Marlboro's and started using Winston's when they sponsored our races, and Lucas Oil Products lubricate my fleet! I even started drinking Mello Yello, when I could find it! Maybe now would be a good time to cultivate some "non-Automotive" sponsors on the National Level for 2021?
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #80
Jeff Johnson

Liked 34 Times in 13 Posts

Lemonis is not a well liked person amongst camping people he would make things a bigger cluster then it is already.
Jeff Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked